• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I'm tired

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Tired of bickering over this bloody car restore. It's worse than when we built our house and I was 7 months pregnant.

Tired. Right now at this moment I'm ready to sell the car and the husband. I should be able to get some money out of the car. Will probably have to pay someone to take olwhatshisname.

Tired.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Janel - let it go..stop bickering..let him build it the way he wants....breathe deeply - let go of control!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
He can do whatever he wants with that car and the money. But I have a nice suggestion what he can do with it if he's interested.

jcatnite

Jedi Knight
I'm sorry to hear that JB. Maybe it's time to step back and look at what the goals were for the project when it started. Could they have strayed a bit? I don't know just my poor attempt at saying, I think if you guys stick it out, you will be happy with the final product. You (and Chuck) are going to have one of the nicest B's on the block when it is finished. Automobile restoration is a huge undertaking that most can't accomplish at all never mind the incredibly tight timeline you have set for yourselves. It has to be stressful but in the end you will be proud of your accomplishments. You guys will get it. You've got our support and Chuck has his group's. Too bad about the alternator, I nice blast through the country with the top down in Emma would set you right.
JC

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Heh, life is too short to get worked up over things that make no difference in the long run.

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
That USED to be my philosophy. My entire life.

I don't even care at this moment if Emma ever runs again. I have a good, solid reliable car.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Whenever I start a car, I always figure it'll take twice as long (or more) than I predicted and that the cost will rise equally with time....that, plus my Grandpa told me that when I car started getting to me, I should throw a quilt over it & walk away....don't throw quilts but do walk away to another project

...time to walk for a bit, Janel - don't quit, just walk....its almost Spring - flowers are out here & weather's nice...things always look differently in the spring (darn, that sounds like a Julie Andrews movie!)

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
JC Wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
...Automobile restoration is a huge undertaking that most can't accomplish at all never mind the incredibly tight timeline you have set for yourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

A Truth to be set in stone! Or mebbe a small dashplaque.

I'm ~still~looking forward to the first info after Binabox is driven... There's gonna be a HUGE grin on birdie's face...

...and an: "It was WORTH it!"

betcha. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The title of your thread reminds me of Madeleine Kahn singing, a la Marlene Dietrich, "I'm So Tired!", in "Blazing Saddles." Maybe you need a little comic relief - so go grab a copy of the movie and watch. That bit and the campfire scene will put things right!

Seriously, let it go for a while. It'll get better...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grouphug.gif Mickey

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I'm thinking watching "Thelma & Louise" again is more appropriate.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
No, that'll just maintain your asggressive, controlling feminine side...hehehehe

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
thelmlou.jpg

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
The task that you have undertaken can be very stressful. I have always:

taken a step back for a few days, to let it sink in how far I have come

look at what I want in the end

decide how I am going to accomplish my initial goal

and always think of how much fun and all the admiration it will receive when completed, also that many have tried and failed to accomplish such an undertaking.

my .02

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
See............

jcatnite

Jedi Knight
Badges...we don't need no stinking badges...lol
One of my favorites. I like Thelma and Louise too but the ending kinda disturbs me.
JC

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yeah, what they did to that old T-Bird should be illegal....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
heheee... wonder'd who, & how long it'd be.

NOW we're gettin' insight into th' legal profession and its practicioners.

AWRIGHT!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif