• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Fisher Menace

• Thread starter Deleted member 3577
  • Start date

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
New to me, and it looks terrific. It reminds me a little of the Dare (Ginetta) G4.

The Fisher looks like it'd be fun to build and drive - probably on the same level of complexity as some Cobra kit cars but could be a better choice for many people.

OP
G

Probably simpler - it's a lot lighter.
Wonder what class it would race in...

OP
D

Deleted member 3577

I was reading along on the coldplugs site until......

"Other projects took priority and the OSCA was simply hauled to the dump".

I think I have to lay down.

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Street legal in the US?

I like that car.

Bruce

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
yeah... that's my question too... Street Legal in the US? Looks like it could be a lot of fun to drive... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

OP
D

Deleted member 3577

Yes...Its legal under kit car. (Specially constructed vehicle)

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
great golly miss molly... 250 ponies pushing a mear 1000lbs (gotta add the driver in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif) man...

I wonder how Kali emissions works with that... hmmmm....

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...I wonder how Kali emissions works with that... hmmmm....

[/ QUOTE ]
Read here: https://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/spcns_main.htm

As usual, the problem with these wonderful little Brit kits is that they use parts that are easy and cheap to get over there but not here (Ford Sierra suspensions for example). If you don’t mind a long distance build and support base go for it.

Somebody really needs to make kits like those for parts we can get easily over here. You can get one version of the Gineta (the G20) here.

Unfortunately, most kit makers around here are only interested making yet more generic Kobras.

PC.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Find the modern OSCA.

s'all I'm gonna say.

OP
D

Deleted member 3577

Lets see:

It would have to be a 10 lb. car at least. ( 10 lb/hp like a Lotus 11...1000 lb & 100hp)

It would have to have that light car feel not available in cars over 1500 lbs. (likely 4 cylinders)

It should be made from a rust resistant material like aluminum or glass fiber.

It should look feminine sexy ( as opposed to masculine)

It has to be a convertible

It should come from a preferably British manufacturer & have marque respectability.

It should be equally comfortable on a twisty country road or on the track. (road legal)

I can only think of a few that haven't been excluded.

coldplugs

Darth Vader
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Find the modern OSCA.

s'all I'm gonna say.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do, please call me. Collect is ok.
oscaengine_small.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That's just plain an' simple ~beautiful~.

OP
D

Deleted member 3577

So far as new cars go I'm probably down to 2.

Lotus Elise 111s (early UK model)
Ginetta G-4 (lightweight)

They seem to satisfy all of the above criteria except weight. I really like that "steer with the throttle" feeling that would typify the Lotus11, Elva Mk6 & Lola Mk1.

Not sure if a rear engine Fisher would give that sort of sensation.

Would like to try a Europa to see how that feels.

OP
G

The 111s is a lot of fun. You can get it converted with a supercharged s2000 engine (300hp) that makes it a LOT of fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OP
G

The "affordable family car" thread comes to mind. That and Charles D in action on the gene pool.

Wonder how long the engine lasts at say a modest 350.
Oh and if you get one can I have a go. It's a motorbike you can't fall off of...

OP
D

Deleted member 3577

The dollar was .75 pounds in 2000. Now its .50

Maybe they'll bring back the farthing so we can get more for our buck.

[ QUOTE ]
...As usual, the problem with these wonderful little Brit kits is that they use parts that are easy and cheap to get over there but not here (Ford Sierra suspensions for example). If you don’t mind a long distance build and support base go for it.

Somebody really needs to make kits like those for parts we can get easily over here. Unfortunately, most kit makers around here are only interested making yet more generic Kobras...

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't you know that Ford Sierra is the same as a Merkur XR4? Junk yards around here are full of them.