• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

any of you folks interested in a ford v6 cologne with side shifted tranny? out of a capri 70 somthing vintage.

mark

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Re: 2.6

That would be good for making an "Alger"

thegoodbeamer

Jedi Warrior

ALGER
Not quite.
An Alger is simply a Tiger clone where a V8 has been installed.The 2.6 was a limited production for a couple of years in the Capri.The motor of choice for a V6 conversion is the 2.8 ford.there is an excellent kit which virtually makes it a bolt in swap.200HP is a easily obtained without too much work.There are quite a few V6 Alpines now and the car turns into a wonderful handling machine.Great acceleration and reliability.On mine I had 170000 miles of great fun before I finally had to pull the engine

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag

also came in the Mustang for a year or two in the early 80s or late 70s. I believe the Merkur Scorpio used it as well.

impster

The Scorpio version was 2.9L and fuel injected. I thought the Scorpio was always mated to an automatic (Ford AOD as I recall from when mine expired) but I recently saw one on eBay mated to a 5 speed.