• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ariel Atom

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
Pretty wicked ride, isn't it? I said the same thing when I saw it on the aborted run of Top Gear here - I was really starting to enjoy it when it disappeared /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Bret

Yoda
The Vehicle is indeed awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sidebar: I don’t know about the rest of you but Jeremy needs to wear a helmet when he drives something that fast without a windscreen, because I was totally repulsed by his jowls flopping in the wind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Bret

Yoda
Yes well, I guess when we reach a certain age things not normally exposed to such excessive external forces tend to react in unanticipated ways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We’ve all seen’em, the gal that try’s jogging for the first time in 20 years and her breasts deify gravity & seem to have a mind or their own. Or just as bad the middle aged guy who decides it’s a good idea to put on bicycle pants and pretend he’s Lance Armstrong. (Shutters at the thought! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif)

Think of it as God’s clever way of telling you that this new venture you’ve embarked on isn’t a good idea.

But then some folks have no shame. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
Yes well, I guess when we reach a certain age things not normally exposed to such excessive external forces tend to react in unanticipated ways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We’ve all seen’em, the gal that try’s jogging for the first time in 20 years and her breasts deify gravity & seem to have a mind or their own. Or just as bad the middle aged guy who decides it’s a good idea to put on bicycle pants and pretend he’s Lance Armstrong. (Shutters at the thought! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif)

Think of it as God’s clever way of telling you that this new venture you’ve embarked on isn’t a good idea.

But then some folks have no shame. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Impressive. I think I need one in the corral next to the Lotus. (AS IF!)
Funny about the jowels, especially after his remarks about middle aged guys looking goofy on bikes.

RomanH

Jedi Knight
I think if his jowels flapped ny more the disturbance in the airflow would have slowed the car tremendously! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Looks like it would be a lot of fun to drive on the streets though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I want one!And I don't have to look at myself when I drive!

- Doug

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
wow.... looks like an EXTREMELY fun car to drive....

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mehheh... a terrorist tool...

WHOOPEEE!!!!

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Saw my first Atom today on the freeway here in Los Angeles. Unfortunately for me, it was on a flatbed truck, so I couldn’t see it in action. Fortunately for the driver, it was on a flatbed truck, ‘cause it was raining pretty hard. Maybe it’ll show up for one of Steve’s All British Malibu cruises.

I saw one on Top gear - verrrrrrrrry cool car! 'specially if'n it's fair weather outside!

I'll take 4 of 'em!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
just uhm.... wear a helmet please.... I don't particularly care to see people's faces flappin' in the wind while going 80MPH.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Ariel Atoms are availble in the US according to AutoWeek and are backordered!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
as kit cars though, right?

had a friend in my office show me his paper work for getting one... seems the people he found selling them sells them as pre-assembled kit cars. Oh yeah, that friend also jumped ship (before actually ordering the Atom) in favor of the VW 3 wheeler... we call him the new toy kid... heh

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
They are being manufactured in Ashland Oregon. Street legal even in California - AutoWeek Feb 20, 2006.