• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Inspector Morse Mk.2

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
I haven't seen a post on this yet, but my recent copy of an English magazine says the car is for sale for stupid money.
Apparently it was given away at the end of the series as the prize in a contest. The winner later sold it for 20k pounds, plenty for a 2.4 litre with an ugly vinyl roof in my opinion.
Some renovation work was done and it resold for about 50k pounds, had a nut and bolt rebuild at enormous cost, allegedly 100k pounds (how do you spend that much?), and is now for sale again for 150k.
I realise there is some celebrity value, but really!
Simon.

Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
allegedly 100k pounds (how do you spend that much?), and is now for sale again for 150k.
I realise there is some celebrity value, but really!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is crazy....

Its easy to spend that much, think of a cramped, one bedroom flat in one of the cheaper areas of London....

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/in_depth/uk_house_prices/counties/html/county37.stm?f

Though, a little TV exposure (Bergerac) helped Triumph roadster values:

https://www.kdb38.dial.pipex.com/roadster/roads3.htm

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
All my cars are for sale for $200,000 each. Doesn't mean I will get it though.

Bruce