• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bristol Blenheim Speedster

Country flag
Now, this is something I wouldn't mind finding under the Christmas tree:

BlenheimSpeedster2.jpg

https://www.bristolcars.co.uk/BlenheimSpeedster.htm

"With the arrival of the Queen's Jubilee year and a general nostalgia for the 1950's, the factory decided to create an updated interpretation using modern Blenheim components just for the fun of it. The resulting vehicle surpassed all our expectations. We have therefore agreed to build a short run of 12-15 cars to be known as the Blenheim Speedster using the modern Blenheim chassis and drivetrain. Styling is a subtly enhanced version of the original while the interior is all new and conforms to usual sumptuous Bristol standards."

And I'd certainly find someplace more interesting and exciting than London's streets to go cruising....

OP
JamesWilson
Country flag
It looks very like a Bristol 404 FHC I remember from 25+ years ago.... That one was owned by some people where I worked and sat derelict for at least two years. I only hope they brought it back to life. I'd have made them an offer for it if I'd had any spare change... and I kind of regreted it ever since....

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
A chauffeur in a 2-seater?

OP
JamesWilson
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
A chauffeur in a 2-seater?

[/ QUOTE ]

No gentleman's gentleman required.

One drives oneself... how else to ferry the debutants to the polo matches?

as they say of the coupé:

"A car sized to make the best use of today's roads yet with the full accommodation of a formal saloon and the presence of a true gentleman's Grand Touring coupé"

Gee... can I be a true gentleman too, a rakish one in my speedster....

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Ahhhhh, and then there's the Fighter!!!!!May be a little pricey, but as they say, you can go faster than some small airplanes.
WOO WOO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

William

Darth Vader
That is an excellent car! I've always liked Bristols, but I do tend to go my own way with these things.

-William

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, in the photo, he's wearing a chauffer's hat...probably delivering it to his master.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No Manuel Transmission??--Its so bloody fast you wouldn't have time to use it.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Hey Keoke,
Here’s a video of a hill climb. This guy shifts REALLY fast. click me Don't forget to turn the volume up for the full effect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
He needed to do sumpin quick it took him 4 minuts to just to get up on my screen. I dont know why he was doin all that shifting it looked like he was going downhill all the time.-- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif--Thanks that was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif---Keoke

swift6

Yoda
Looks like a prototype class of car. Probably has a pneumatic or electronic shifter/transmission.

Pretty cool though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Nice.
And I'm glad to see that Bristol is still out there (even if they aren't building their own powertrains).
I actually took notice of this car a while ago for a wierd reason....I was born in Blenheim (an area of Leeds, in the UK)

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I'm impressed... Winston Churchill was born at Blenheim too... any relation?

No...but I did own a TR-3 once. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Dart: We survived the Summit Point races, but as ususal, it was chaos...I'll post a report in the next day or two.