• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OOPS!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
This could happen to you.

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying: "Hi, how are you?"

I'm not the type to start a conversation in the restroom. I don't know what got into me, but I answered, somewhat embarrassed, "Doin' just fine!"

And the other person says: "So what are you up to?"

What kind of question is that? At that point, I'm thinking this is too bizarre so I say: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just sitting here."

At this point I am just trying to get out as fast as I can when I hear another question: "Can I come over?"

Ok, this question is just too weird for me. I figured I could politely end the conversation. I say: "No........I'm a little busy right now!!!"

Then I hear the person say, nervously: "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!!"

Country flag
A very strange idea for a phone "booth"....

What sort of idiot was HE not to realize what he'd started???

And what did the other person on the line think when they flushed??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Kryllion

I can't talk on the john, same way I can't listen to my wife when the game's on... it's a concentration/focus issue

Bawanadic

I used to do custom controls for houses with my older brother. One of the most requested items was TV and phone connections in the bathroom (or should I say Loo). I can see where the TV would be acceptable but I really had a problem with the phone. I still wonder what a person is doing on the other end of the phone when there are long pauses and low grunts peppering their talk.
Yuucckk!!!!

Kryllion

[ QUOTE ]
I still wonder what a person is doing on the other end of the phone when there are long pauses and low grunts peppering their talk.
Yuucckk!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd hope they were trying to replace seat covers.