• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Finally back to my Roots

PAR57

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello fellow British car enthusiasts! I am Phil Robertson... no not the one on TV and I go by PAR 57 (Initials and dob, not the golf handicap my dad would have wanted for me)
After searching and looking at several TR6’s, I finally bought a 1971 and am already getting dirty with it. This is my second Triumph and never thought I would be able to be in a position to get another one. The first was a 1972 Spitfire I bought while still in high school. I bought it after seeing the commercials on tv and was hooked. Something about the way the shifter was positioned seemed so cool to me and after driving one it was forever in my bones! The Spitfire was deep blue and the body was perfect. Unfortunately for me the previous owner had damaged the engine by overheating it and I had all kinds of serious issues so I ended up trading it in. I will never forget the irony of having received a recall letter from British Leyland (after trading it in) regarding the windshield wipers...knowing that they were about the only thing that worked on the car!
Many years later I still felt the bug and was reminded of the feeling when Mazda came out with the Miata...I know it was an admirable attempt to capture the British roadster allure ...but just wasn’t it for me - you guys know what I am talking about right? So recently I set out to find one I could enjoy driving and working on. My goal was to find one that is reasonably priced, a solid body and frame, and solid running engine and drive train. It looks like I have found one and I am having a great time with it. I am doing the basics, changed oil, changed all hoses, new water pump etc and working on a new dash and electrical (which I actually enjoy)
Well that is my brief introduction! I am thankful for this forum and welcome any advice !
PAR57

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! and would love to see pics

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad to have you aboard, Phil! Yes, do post some pictures! Also, of course be sure to jump in to our Triumph forum here with any specific questions about your TR (or to offer any advice or tips you have to others)

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello PAR57

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice there for your TR6.

David

OP
P

PAR57

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks guys...I am already enjoying the forum! Now I cant wait for another sunny day to drop the top and go for a spin...