• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member in Manitoba

Toadandsin

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello all, this is the first time I’ve posted in a forum, ever.
I picked up a 1967 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII with a 12CD engine last summer and started sorting it out this winter. I also have a 1967 Mercury Parklane convertible that took up all my spare time while the weather cooperated, it’s too big to fit the garage.
Anyways back to the LBC, I bought it as is, not running, but the body has very little rust, surprising as it’s been in Canada it’s entire life, dispatched to Hamilton Ontario (my home town) in September of 1966. So after removing & cleaning the carbs, I was able to fire it up and take it around the block. Right now I’m sorting out the wiring, brutal, some connections were done with house wiring marrettes. I made new front and rear harnesses with headlight and electric fan relays, dash harness was salvaged. Next is cooling system work, radiator was held in place by 1 bolt, hoses spliced, etc. Followed by new carpeting, clean up interior and then ???
Besides this I do own a 1967 (seems to be a pattern) Jaguar 420, but that’s another story. I’m also into vintage motorcycles, with a few Norton’s, a BSA, a Triumph and multiple Harleys. That’s all for now, Steve

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome and you have made an excellent forum choice! Glad you are here and don't be a stranger - the Pub is fun and civil as well. Had to look up Blumenort, I am guessing that you have the only Sprite in town :grin: - being Manitoba I suspect improving the cornering is less of an issue as well :devilgrin:

Seriously though, glad you are here and we would love to see pictures of all your cars!

:cheers:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hello all, this is the first time I’ve posted in a forum, ever.
I picked up a 1967 Austin Healey Sprite MkIII with a 12CD engine last summer and started sorting it out this winter. I also have a 1967 Mercury Parklane convertible that took up all my spare time while the weather cooperated, it’s too big to fit the garage.
Anyways back to the LBC, I bought it as is, not running, but the body has very little rust, surprising as it’s been in Canada it’s entire life, dispatched to Hamilton Ontario (my home town) in September of 1966. So after removing & cleaning the carbs, I was able to fire it up and take it around the block. Right now I’m sorting out the wiring, brutal, some connections were done with house wiring marrettes. I made new front and rear harnesses with headlight and electric fan relays, dash harness was salvaged. Next is cooling system work, radiator was held in place by 1 bolt, hoses spliced, etc. Followed by new carpeting, clean up interior and then ???
Besides this I do own a 1967 (seems to be a pattern) Jaguar 420, but that’s another story. I’m also into vintage motorcycles, with a few Norton’s, a BSA, a Triumph and multiple Harleys. That’s all for now, Steve

Welcome to BCF! We hope that this won't be your last time posting in a forum - at least not in this forum! That little Sprite sounds like a great little project! I happen to have a 67 Jag also, but mine is a Series I Type.

Look forward to seeing some pictures!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Steve

Welcome to the forum.

The Spridget section should give you plenty of tips and advice for your Mk111 Sprite. There is a British bike section I believe.

The Pub is an area where almost anything comes up for discussion.

Post some photos of your collection.

David

OP
T

Toadandsin

Freshman Member
Country flag
1944 Norton 16H
1967 Mercury Parklane

Attachments

• 347F75F2-2A2E-4266-8B18-7A2018F231A7.jpg
    347F75F2-2A2E-4266-8B18-7A2018F231A7.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 4570FD6B-B0C7-4B88-9C3B-030EAF8016D2.jpg
    4570FD6B-B0C7-4B88-9C3B-030EAF8016D2.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 45

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great vehicles! On the front of the Parklane, what looks like a massive signal light - is that original? I've not seen anything like that before.

OP
T

Toadandsin

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi John, yes your right side running & signal light
you should see the bulb, it looks like a mini floodlight
ill see if can find a picture

OP
T

Toadandsin

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi John, yes your right “cornering light” side running & signal light
you should see the bulb, it looks like a mini floodlight
1966 & 1967 only
It also has its own relay, per side, replacement impossible to find

Attachments

• Lamp Right Cornering lamp Ebay 6-30-19 VII.jpg
    Lamp Right Cornering lamp Ebay 6-30-19 VII.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 35

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
amazing! never seen such a thing before - thanks for the added pics!