• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I Need a Bigger Bookcase

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Picked these up today for a price I couldn't refuse.
I'll probably sell off most of it,& keep the really cool ones. 001.JPG002.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
And then there was this really cool poster.......014.JPG013.JPG

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Looks VERY similar to my "collection"! David Vizard is my idol! :wink:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Nice, I am so entranced by those books, a year or so ago (BC - before Covid) I was at a show and they had a group selling boxes and boxes and boxes of manuals & parts books for $5 each - I bought a carb book - it took every bit of willpower I possessed to not buy more - for brands I didn't own and would never own.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Many of the "MotorSport" publications are good for many different cars. "Tuning S.U. Carburettors" is one.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Capri... My Old Fella bought a new '73 V-6 four-speed while I was away in S.E.A. Lemon Yellow. His motivation was the "gas crisis". He'd parked his Lincoln and the Capri served as his commuter.

In late '77 the Elan was down for a water pump R&R so I was given the loan of the Capri. On a visit to th' local, to powwow with co-worker friends over a custom build of a 930 Turbo, I was driving it. As I tried to reverse out of a parking space, the floor shifter snapped off at its base leaving about a two inch nubbin, flimsy thing that it was. A pair of Vice-Grips served to change gears until a replacement was bought. Dealership parts guy said he kept the gear levers in stock, as the things were notorious for breaking off at the bottom!.

My overall impression of that car was that it was a tinny, overpowered, rust prone copy of the earlier Ford Falcon. I was glad to get the Elan back in service.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Capri...
My overall impression of that car was that it was a tinny, overpowered, rust prone copy of the earlier Ford Falcon. I was glad to get the Elan back in service.

It is one of the relatively few British Cars that I could never warm up to - that said, at the annual British Car Day my job is to oversee the 'orphans' section - there are 3 or 4 Capris that show up and one in particular is amazing - you can hear it coming and he has power to spare and the best part is that it is the original engine - much modified (he has a trick head on it though I don't remember the exact details) but it really is a cool car and brilliantly executed.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
It is one of the relatively few British Cars that I could never warm up to - that said, at the annual British Car Day my job is to oversee the 'orphans' section - there are 3 or 4 Capris that show up and one in particular is amazing - you can hear it coming and he has power to spare and the best part is that it is the original engine - much modified (he has a trick head on it though I don't remember the exact details) but it really is a cool car and brilliantly executed.

It may seem funny but later I got my Lotus Cortina and found it a far better handling and performing car than that Capri, in spite of the 3.0L power and familial chassis heritage.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The Capri was the first car I wanted to buy. In '71 I went to the dealer and offered to buy the car if he threw in the AM radio. He refused so I ended up getting a '71 Ford Torino. The same day I signed the papers to buy the Ford, the Capri dealer called and said he was ready to include the radio... it was too late.
A buddy of mine also had a Capri. One day his driveshaft fell out... the universal joint had broken. He goes to the dealer to buy the universal joint only to find out that the universal was a permanent part of the drive shaft. He ended up having to buy the driveshaft for big bucks at that time.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
... one in particular is amazing - you can hear it coming and he has power to spare and the best part is that it is the original engine - much modified (he has a trick head on it though ...
Similar to mine ,Couldn't keep it on the ground over a 100MPH
My license plate (I still have it)
Zeater.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
On another forum I am watching a Capri restomod - this was an early version he had.

capri one.jpg

However the picture that truly intrigues me is this one - wider fenders and no bumpers completely transform the proportions of the car - it looks to me like the entire cabin has moved forward, the rake of the rear has changed and I think it looks amazing.

'73 Capri 001.jpg

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My front bumper was off for a long time as a tree had the audacity to jump out in the road and kick it

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
one of my fav
Ford_Capri_III_Rallye small.jpg

Attachments

• Ford_Capri_III_Rallye.jpg
    Ford_Capri_III_Rallye.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 57