• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Scrubbed due to weather, again.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Spacex launch scheduled for 0940 EDT today, postponed for the second day. Should go up tomorrow at 1000 EDT. Hope so. The fog will have burned off, so we can see it from here if it goes.

Amazing stuff.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Saw the Apollo take off for the moon in '69. Was a freshman at UT. A couple of us rented a station wagon (suv for the younger crowd :rolleye:smile: and slept on the beach the night before. What a glorious sight and sound!

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
I have to be the only person who went to see a launch at Cape Canaveral and didn't see a thing!No smoke, no rocket, nada. I have no idea why i was obviously looking in the wrong direction. B-)

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I have to be the only person who went to see a launch at Cape Canaveral and didn't see a thing!No smoke, no rocket, nada. I have no idea why i was obviously looking in the wrong direction. B-)
Did you look UP? :cheers:

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
When they did a night launch of the Shuttle, it was astounding. Even from this (west) side of the State it was incredible.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was in Orlando many years ago and just happen to see a night launch also. Huge bright Roman candle heading to zero g.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I was in Orlando many years ago and just happen to see a night launch also. Huge bright Roman candle heading to zero g.

when we were in Orlando (Oviedo) it was gorgeous to see - actually the best was a 6 am launch.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
when we were in Orlando (Oviedo) it was gorgeous to see - actually the best was a 6 am launch.
Daytime is best (my opinion) since you can see the craft ascending into the sky. The thing I remember most when I witnessed the Apollo moon shot was the sound waves. You could hear them coming, and then hear them as they radiate away from you.

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Another neat thing was the double-boom as they came back in for touch-down. That turn maneuver seemed to occur right above our hovel!

OP
DrEntropy

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Launch went off on schedule this AM, about to let loose over 140 satellites!! Booster landed successfully on the drone ship, the: "Yes I Still Love You."

Gotta love the folks who've taken up the mantle and are pushing the envelope. Brilliant minds!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Many more satellites put up there and we'll have to put the lights on during the day, because they will be blocking out the sun! :cowboy: :thumbsup: