• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Just for Walter

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
((my apologies to the rest of you 'rumpfies!))
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

If one or more of these is true, unfortunately, you are driving a Triumph

You look in your rear-view mirror to see two people with their hands on your bumper.

You constantly receive sympathy cards from the Department of Transportation.

When you are walking across the parking lot, you see a priest performing last rites on your car.

While stopped at traffic lights, other motorists offer to help push to get you started again.

You have preferred customer status at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

You have to stop along side the road at least once a day to pick up parts that have fallen off.

You leave your keys in the ignition and a $20 bill on the dash for gas money in hopes that someone will steal your car.

When you drive though town, people stop what they are doing and just start laughing.

In place of a spare tire, you find a pair of running shoes.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Thought that was an MG joke? Although in the MG joke, if you looked in the rear view mirror of your MGA and saw two people pushing you knew you had just tripled your horsepower.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Rad,

I was being serious. I remeber this as an MG joke from a year or two ago.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]

You have to stop along side the road at least once a day to pick up parts that have fallen off.

You leave your keys in the ignition and a $20 bill on the dash for gas money in hopes that someone will steal your car.

[/ QUOTE ]

hey! All parts falling off my car are of the highest British quality and standards.
And my TR4A has never had a key! I figure if someone can get it started to steal it, God help 'em.
I still love my 'rumphs!

Darwin

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
These things MAY be true but the only reason they are is the fact that 'rumphs are at least on the road and not sitting in the garage in pieces like MG's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hmmm, joking about Triumphs. Not sure how I feel about that:
Basilspit2.jpg

My wonderful little 78 "Rumph".

Basil /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Hey Basil, you're not getting any ideas with that Jag rear end, are you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif
Nice little Spit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
What's that Pacific rim import doing in the background! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Basil, you're not getting any ideas with that Jag rear end, are you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I had the idea that I would put it in my Jag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
IRS_install_1.jpg

IRS_install_5.jpg

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Phew! you gonna eat off that thing or drive it?
Seriously, that is looking sweeeeeet.
I can't wait to see it done...
Someday, someday I'm gonna... (starts drooling while daydreaming)
I gotta get started on my TR2 first.