• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member in Maine, intro

TFC207

Freshman Member
Country flag
What can I say, I like cars, old cars, ones without computers, back-up cams or touch screens. Have had a few over the years, newest a 1960 Triumph TR3A, had been on my "list" since forever. It is not perfect but perfect for me. Solid good looking vehicle, restored to a certain level a decade or more ago and not a lot of mileage since. Just needs some refreshing/fixing to be a great driver. Arrived here last July, been working-on/driving since. Have preened a lot of information for this forum already, appreciate and thank you. Attached photos are from arrival last July.

Attachments

• tr3 2.jpg
    tr3 2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 44
  • scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 43

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
two great looking vehicles! and a gorgeous picture, welcome. Lots of Triumph folk here (of course) but a few old truck guys interspersed.

cheers

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello TFC207

Welcome to the forum.

As you have already found the Triumph section is very active.

That is a great looking TR3A you have there. They should be driven and enjoyed not kept like museum pieces.

Did you restore the truck it looks great?

David

OP
T

TFC207

Freshman Member
Country flag
David
Thank you. Got the Dodge a few years back, came to me pretty much as you see it, body work and paint done, looks good not perfect, no rust to speak of, it did need all mechanics gone through though including engine rebuilt, that's what I like, hate body work - love mechanical. Very solid reliable driver, not a "garage ornament". Triumph needs some work but not nearly as much as the Dodge, working on issues over the winter, hope to be done in time for spring.