• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A su jets

sp53

Yoda
Country flag
Removing the Jet assembly from under a SU carb. I am curious how other remove the Jet Assembly. I would like to leave the carb body on and then pull of the chamber and piston then undo the jet assembly. I am not concerned about the re-centering of the jet at that point, but more about getting a good seal on the base of the carb. I remember in posts where people would slide the jet out to polish it.

Maybe pull the jet back as much as possible like the choke is out and then run the adjust nut up kinda tight and then undo large 13/16 nut with the cork seal and the carefully reinstall the whole assembly.

Looking for ideas

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
That usually leads to a leak at the cork seal. Best way is to just bite the bullet and bench the things. Go through 'em completely then. Centering the jets is fairly critical and the centering anvil supplied in the "kit" pouch makes it much simpler, too. Those kits are mostly useless except for that little anvil & the wrench to adjust the jet height. If the SU in question is older, or of the spring-tensioned type, check the jet orifice for ovality as well. Seen more than a few jets worn to the point they pass more fuel than supposed to due to needles riding on the jet opening for long periods of time. Nearly impossible to get them to run correctly with that condition.