• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wisdom on shoes and speedometers

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down."
He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.
I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.

If you go go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker. It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I bet when cheetahs race and one of them wins, the other one goes "Man you're such a cheetah!" and they laugh and eat a zebra or whatever.

Too bad you can't buy a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin real fast and freak everybody out.

Don't ever get your speedometer confused with your clock, like I did once, because the faster you go, the later you think you are.

Jack Hanley

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Gee, Mike, I'm beginnin' to see why you left da 'burgh... folks in Bean Town have a better sense of humor! :wink:

OP
Popeye

Popeye

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Gee, Mike, I'm beginnin' to see why you left da 'burgh... folks in Bean Town have a better sense of humor! :wink:

They do! Plus we are home to the hack mechanic (Rob Siegel), who is both a car guy and a funny man. Locals struggle to pronounce "r"', though. I left my cah at Hahvahd. Etc.