• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Source for fuel line P-clip

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Has anyone got these? No Moss or TRF number.

screenshot.2569.jpg

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
It's kind of below the T-stat...It's on one of the bolts for the water pump housing.
You can see the head of that bolt and some of the clamp in this picture.
Looks like it would be easy make.
Briggs and Stratton CUT OFF Valve 002.jpg

TRopic6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Steve, I ended up with several; usable but with surface rust. Lately I've been refurbishing 6RA relays; soaking the cases in 6% vinegar for 24 hrs gets rid of most of the rust (but not the patina). I can round them up to see if they're better than what you have. Jeff

Tybalt

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
You might take a look at McMaster-Carr, search under "p-clamp" or if you want something that provides better vibration damping under "adel clamps." Aircraft Spruce is another good source for stuff like this.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I have a few but nothing like new I would say soak yours in Coke Cola for a time should shine up or paint. Madflyer

OP
steveg

steveg

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
You might take a look at McMaster-Carr, search under "p-clamp" or if you want something that provides better vibration damping under "adel clamps." Aircraft Spruce is another good source for stuff like this.

Thanks - checked out McMaster-Carr. This clamp looks like a one-off. Maybe that's why the usual suspects don't stock it.

Tybalt

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks - checked out McMaster-Carr. This clamp looks like a one-off. Maybe that's why the usual suspects don't stock it.

Going back to my crusty old parts catalogs, the Triumph part number for the clip is 138516 and the sleeve that fits in the clamp and cushions the fuel pipe is 114178. As near as I can tell the 138516 clip is NLS (no longer supplied/serviced) but the 114178 sleeve is still available.

IIRC, that fuel line is a -5 (5/16" OD) and it looks like the ID for the cushioned clamps from McMaster are all for -6 tubing (6/16" OD). They do have an uncushioned one that is 3/8" ID so some thin rubber sheet (1/32" or so) material could be cut as a cushion sleeve. If you scroll down past the illustrations, the Aircraft Spruce catalog has a link to a copy of MS21919 that you look over for all of the material codes covering the clamps and cushions, dimensional information and wedge vs nonwedge clamping types under Documents, Tech Data Sheet:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/ms21919clamps.php?clickkey=34954

TRopic6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I found these in my spare stuff box. Not sure if they're better that what you have; should clean up OK. Just the shipping if you want one.

Jeff

P1130502.jpgP1130503.jpgP1130504.jpg

Tybalt

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
5/16" from the fuel tank to the pump, but 1/4" from the pump to the TR6's carbs

Went back and did a little digging and sure enough the hard lines from the pump as well as the hoses should be -4. Having said that, it looks like at some point early in my TR6s history, the hard line from the pump up and around the front of the engine was replaced with -5 tubing with the last bit of hard lines and the tee fitting that splits things off for each carb being -4. I guess I never gave that -5 tubing a second thought since it was so well done that it looked like it had always belonged there. This was on the engine that was in the car when I purchased it. That engine was removed from the car and is just sitting around in storage.

The car now has an electric pump with fuel pressure regulator and a combination of -6 hard lines and braided flex lines feeding the carbs and a different TR6 engine that has been modified a bit.

Dr.T

Freshman Member
Country flag
I just made a new one from some sheet metal, and I’m no fabricator, so it’s pretty easy. After fabrication, I zinc plated it. Looks pretty good. I’ll try to post a picture when I get home. Ordered the rubber piece from TRF, but it’s just a piece of rubber hose you could get at the auto parts store.