• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Diet hint

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
138664188_3677062015663045_2229977550676933716_n.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
My youngest son, a Marine, was home over Christmas and while he was we drank so much beer I found myself skipping several meals. I forget sometimes how filling beer is.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
There's a pork-chop in every glass!! :excitement:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
My youngest son, a Marine, was home over Christmas and while he was we drank so much beer I found myself skipping several meals. I forget sometimes how filling beer is.

yeah, filling, that's why. :rolleyes: :grin:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I have no craving for beer in the winter. Shot of Scotch or wine. Riesling last night with fish. Also found an old bottle of Bacardi Anejo rum. Still good after 40 years! Also have some Canadian Club same vintage. Stuff never goes bad.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
A glass of Guinness Cream Ale is good after dinner. Not much for beer, bought a case of Millers beginning of last summer and most of it is still in the frig in the garage. Before this mess the world is in, my grandsons would drink the beer when they came over, they haven't been here in over a year now. :frown-new:

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
I’m no connoisseur but I love a dark stout. The darker the better. For something a little lighter Yuengling Lager hits the spot. I hear Yuengling is expanding into the western markets. I highly recommend a try.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Yuengling is now big in Florida, especially the West Coast. I think they have a brewery in Tampa. As American beers go, it's pretty good.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yuengling is good but this is my favorite

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 1.04.21 PM.jpg

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Shiner is my go to beer. I enjoy a good stout though, I drank a lot of Guiness when I was younger. I've discovered The Old Rasputin Imperial Stout and thoroughly enjoy it.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Went to a coast-side restaurant a few moths back. Their daily special was Shiner Bock. It was less than a glass of water, so I tried it. Not bad.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Yuengling is now big in Florida, especially the West Coast. I think they have a brewery in Tampa. As American beers go, it's pretty good.

Not going to lie, because of the name I was surprised to discover that Yuengling is the oldest operating brewery in the USA established in 1829.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I remember Yuengling from Army days in Pittsburgh and had not seen any since. Son-in-law brought a 6 pack a couple of weeks ago. Said a friend got it from somewhere east. It was pretty good but nothing special about it, IMHO of course.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Never heard of it. I assume you mean the west coast of Florida.

Yep, John. That's it. They've taken up residence in a facility that had been first a Budweiser brewery, then Schlitz and somebody in-between I don't recall. I'm a western Pennsylvania native, grew up on Rolling Rock, Iron City, and because I spent my summers on the coast of Lake Erie just west of Ashtabula, we had Stroh's there. Yuengling was harder to find. Now, living in the Tampa 'burbs, I can walk into about any "Quik-Rip" convenience store and find it. I'm not complainin'! :wink:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hey doc do you remember Piels Beer (Burt & Harry)?
My grandfather worked in the Brooklyn brewery when he first arrived in the US.