• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Raised in Triumphs From My Youth

VikingStar

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi All,
Starting the process of getting my late Pop's '60 TR3A roadworthy. It's in very good shape but has sat for a few years so all the usual systems, fluids, checks, etc. will have to be gone through. I grew up in an avid car nut family. As a young boy, my Pop would drive me to football and baseball practices and I can remember all the people's heads would turn as the red TR3 would growl entering the parking lot! Ha! I used to attend the USA east coast Triumph Register of America car club meets with my parents in the late 70's and early 80's. I have a lot of fun memories traveling to these different meets and I'm hoping to relive some of that excitement as I inherit and drive this great classic! He loved to work on all his cars in the garage with his favorite Bebop and Cool jazz playing in the background! He had owned a small collection of several antique cars for some time; the '60 TR3A, a '59 TR3A, '80 TR8, '66 & '67 Volvo 1800S's, a '47 Plymouth convertible & a '47 Dodge coupe. I also still own a restored '70 Volvo 1800E which was a resto-project we did together from 1998 to 2000. My brother also has a '74 TR6. I also own a few motorcycles as well, the most recent one being a 2019 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black. I love the car & motorcycle culture and am looking forward to learning and sharing with this group. Thanks - Johnny

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome and glad you are here - great project!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Johnny

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice on your TR3A project. Start a thread in the Triumph section to document your progress.

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF! You will be assimilated. We are like Hotel California - you can check in but can never check out (not that you'd want to). :cool-new:
Great project you have there!