• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Photo Restoration and Touch-up

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Have some pictures I'd really like to preserve and in some cases, touch up a bit. Also some slides I'd like to digitize and print. Anyone have experience with either software or vendors for this?

This one in particular - Janet and me in '72

IMG_20190121_0001.jpg

Mickey

CaptRandy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Look for a local photography shop. Had some photos from over 70 yrs ago that were brought back and even had some enlarged.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
WOW! That's what I'm looking for!
Thanks - will check it out.

How about slides? Is there a way to capture them and print?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
WOW! That's what I'm looking for!
Thanks - will check it out.

How about slides? Is there a way to capture them and print?

I have an Epson V550 scanner that I use. It has settings for scanning slides and a holder for the slides that allows you to scan several slides at once (well, you pre-scan the set then select each picture one at a time and scan each image to a separate file). You can likewise scan prints and also negatives (Negatives can be scanned to a positive image).

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks - will have to check that out.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
great pic - and Janet is still lovely! (excellent decision!)

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I was still in my senior year of high school when that picture was taken (Jan 72). Was this post high school for you, Mickey?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
great pic - and Janet is still lovely! (excellent decision!)

Yes, she is, and yes, it was!

I was still in my senior year of high school when that picture was taken (Jan 72). Was this post high school for you, Mickey?

Graduated high school in '68. This was fourth of five years of college for both of us. (Janet was in nursing school; I switched majors a couple times, so lost some ground...) Married in August of '72 with one year left to finish.

You had hair?!

Once upon a time...

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
By the way, we're sitting in my VW - a '63 with the full sunroof; the last year that was produced. Cut my teeth on wrenching; built a bored out engine with dual port heads and street cam. Had many good times with that car, including autocrossing, rallying, and even drove it overnight with a buddy (later best man at our wedding) from New Orleans to Daytona for the '71 24-hour race.