• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tireiron

Tireiron

Freshman Member
Hi folks: Iโ€™m a newbie. Recently purchased a 78 rubber bumper baby. Absolutely no rust. It has 55k miles and is white (desert here) with last summer temps ranging triple digits. Could fry eggs on hood probably bacon to boot. This is an older community so they really enjoy nostalgia. Most of predate Woodstock more like prohibition. I keep saying this is my last car but then keep pushing the envelope. I have to get an electrical fan hooked up so she can run cool. Already accomplished ball joint, cleaned Lucas parts and ordered some new ones. This is my first time chasing a wiring diagram from the car. Iโ€™m sure the voice of experience from mgb enthusiasts will be very helpful. I had to study the English vocabulary to determine the front from the back. Always thought a bonnet was a head covering. Looking forward to exchanges of ideas and solutions from the pros. Thanks. Tireiron

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Most would say the Prince of Darkness is the worse part of a British car. The rule is good clean grounds and connections. Motors came from tractors, seal were made to leak as rust protection, the lights were made for day time driving. Bodies were for people under 6 feet tall. Heaters were for summer driving in the UK. They were made to drive on one lane roads with no center line and small enough to pass a tour bus on the same road. My MG -TD in Sacramento CA. in summer at 100 deg. plus not an option. They are the best cars I have ever owned. Madflyer

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Tireiron

Welcome to the forum.

What type of LBC with runner bumpers do you have?
Wiring problems are common to most older British cars. Some caused by poor grounding and some by POs making mods and temporary fixes.

Post some photos.

David

OP
T

Tireiron

Freshman Member
White convertible. My first exhaust bolt is leaking over my home made heat shield. Iโ€™ll try to send a picture not too good at that. Changed oil and cleaned out all hoses and will fix the leak w/ permeates. Donโ€™t need a real heater here. Smoke a pipe and wear a sweater. Got to drain antifreeze. Thanks for the nice reply. Tireiron

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
White convertible. My first exhaust bolt is leaking over my home made heat shield. Iโ€™ll try to send a picture not too good at that. Changed oil and cleaned out all hoses and will fix the leak w/ permeates. Donโ€™t need a real heater here. Smoke a pipe and wear a sweater. Got to drain antifreeze. Thanks for the nice reply. Tireiron

Look in. the "video tutorial" forum (it's a sub-forum of the Forum Help forum. Pretty sure I have videos in there on how to post images.

Suggest if you're looking for any specific help you should post that in our MG forum.