• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Computer Question - Bios Setting

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The time in my old Toshiba laptop, which has MX Linux in it, reads 1 hour behind time. I've reset the bios to the present time and saved it. After rebooting the proper time comes up on the screen for about 20 seconds and automatically changes back to 1 hour behind! I loaded defaults and saved before logging out, but the same thing happens 20 seconds after reboot! Any clues from the guru's ?? PJ

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
The fact the there is a delay in the time changing after Linux boots makes me think it is a software issue, not a BOIS problem. You may have your computer set to a different time zone? I have my time synced to internet servers, so what my BIOS says doesn't really matter. In the search bar on your menu type "time" to see if you have a settings app.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The time zone I use for the other windows computers is Denver Colorado, and the times are right on! The Toshiba is also set for Denver but after a few seconds it jumps back an hour. Not that it's of critical concern, it just bugs me, as MX shows the time on the home screen in big numbers. I'll check deeper into the program and see if there is a setting that will overcome the problem. Thanks for your information and time! Will get back later. PJ

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Wellguys it's up and running and showing the proper time! It was a software problem. I had it set for local time, so I reset it for internet time and the time is right on! Thanks for the tips! :encouragement: PJ

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, Denver is in the mountain time zone. Oklahoma is in central. Use Chicago instead of Denver.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Easy change, will give it a try, thank you. PJ

Paul, Denver is in the mountain time zone. Oklahoma is in central. Use Chicago instead of Denver.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Ok, Set the time for Chicago and it's holding the correct time! Thanks a bunch! I have no idea why Denver works on the Windows machine and doesn't on the linux machine. Don't really care, thanks to you the time is right on! :applause: