• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pet Food - Caution

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Be careful buying pet foods from the Orient! On the news this morning, speaking mainly about dogs, don't know why but, they are dyeing from it. To be safe, we only buy pet foods made here anyway, but just relaying this information. PJ

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I use great effort to not buy any food from there.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
We lost our cat to the suspect pet food from there some years ago. I think it was adulterated with Melamine if I remember correctly. There was a big stink about it at the time.

David

Ginger.jpg

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Ginger was the Best cat. He and his sister wandered up one day. Probable dropped off at the top of our driveway. After a few days of feeding them it seemed they had found their new home. They were a few months old so both went off to be fixed.
Gibger was kind of like Garfield. Just laid back and always ready to be petted or sit with you. His sister was not the same. She would wind around your legs and when you stroked her you were just as likely to get a paw full of claws or a purr. Never could tell.

They were outside cats with a bed in the breezeway. Ginger would slide in the door if he got the chance but Frisky his sister almost never ventured inside.

We had him for about 12 years before something got him. He preferred the dry food. We found out later it was one of the brands that had the problem. Frisky lasted another 4 or more years and her demeanor improved with age.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Most of our cats lived indoors, all but one lived well past 16, one went 21 years. Fed 'em Purina cat foods, open-feeding for the dry kibble, canned Friskies fed twice a day. We now feed three that were abandoned about five years ago, family left their house to foreclosure, the cats with it. We couldn't see letting them range around, as they'd been raised from kittens, being fed by and dependent on humans. We now have "Occasional Cats" Lucy (orange tabby), Fred (all black, short-hair) and Ethel (looks like a miniature Maine Coon). Raised outdoors, they don't particularly like being inside but will come in, in the morning for breakfast, eat some canned food and Fred and Ethel will usually want to return outdoors. Lucy will head for the bedroom to curl up on the bed and sleep off the night's adventures. She's the most indoor friendly of the three. We estimate them to be about 12~14 years old now. As "winter" here gets colder they are more inclined to appreciate indoor comfort, finding various spots to spend hours napping. Fred's the most docile, purrs instantly with a hand petting him. Ethel has learned to "sit" for a treat, the other two wait for theirs until she has performed the trick and then get theirs for "free".

Many years ago a friend, knowing how we care for our pets, told me that if he were to die and be reincarnated, he'd want to come back as one of my cats...

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
John, We have a Maltese and a Toy Poodle. They are spoiled rotten and to top it off my wife cooks their meals for them. Last night they had roast beef and vegetables along with vitamins they need, They eat better than I do!:highly_amused:

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
We only use Purina One, Royal Canine, and Science Diet, seem to have the least recalls.