• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New member from San Antonio,Texas

radobard

Freshman Member
Hi, my name is Roland Dobard and I am a native of New Orleans, La. and I am presently living in San Antonio, Texas. I am a 68 year old retired music teacher that has always been a classic car lover. Most of my classic car life I had been a Porsche enthusiast. I have always been fascinated with the MGB roadster and said that I would one day get one and restore it. I am in the process of selling my last Porsche and will be looking for an MGB to restore. I hope that the members in this forum will help me with all questions I may have in finding my car and renovating it.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Welcome to BCF, Roland! Good luck with your search for a good MGB! You will get plenty of help in the MG forum here too!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Hey, Roland - where y'at?

Have roots in both N.O. and San Antonio - Dad and Mom, respectively. Grew up in Shreveport, but lived in N.O. for quite a while as well; both my wife and I graduated in '68 from high school in N.O.

MGB's are great cars, quite different from Porsches, but pretty much equal in following and support. You'll find plenty of both here on BCF. I restored a couple, one of which I did a V6/5-speed transplant. Both gone now, but still have a TF replica with MGB innards - fun car!

Anyway, glad to have you with us. Post away on the MG side, and be sure to show us pictures of any prospective purchases, and especially that special one that "talks" to you!

:cheers:
Mickey

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome I am a TR guy but did a 1967 MG B last year as in 2019 and it went well as a flip. Finding a car is not that hard finding a car that fits your budget and knowledge is the trick. Start with a LBC club then drive a few most clubs will help with that. Look for West Coast cars less rust. Decide on chrome or rubber bumper be careful of Crag's list look at Bring a Trailer. Most will tell you, you will not get out the money you put in it so it should be a car you wish to keep. The flip I did cost me $ 6,000.00 that included a running car that sat for six years as a restoration left undone. I do not want to rain on your parade but you might look at some TR's 4's and 6's. For two reasons one they are body's on frames. and at a little more HP and money a better value. Parts are not a problem for either. Get as mush info as you can This site will help.

Madflyer