• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

3rd owner od a 69 TR-6

G-POP

Freshman Member
Hi all . Ive bought my first ever TR-6 ! Scratchin my brain to learn all I can as the Prev owner might have stretched to truth about its over all condition just a bit. Still let me say Im excited and here in Ct. I have my heated garage for my retired azz to giter done ! First question is carb related . One of the webbers (rear) has a massive air leak at the throttle shaft. Is there a rebuild kit that has brass bushing for the shaft or are we stuck with plastic ? Ive gotten the car to start and run pretty good . But with spray the carb is sukkin air. Looked at an E-Bay purchase of stromberg and manifold and air box for 200. Would there be a big loss in power , not that I would know it. Or just rebuild the webbers. Ive seen a bearing replacement shaft bushing but some reviews said installation is not like the plastick. I will leave you with that and hope you can help me get up to speed , Its only 84 days till spring Thanks Frank

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Frank

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your TR6. Posting the carb question there will certainly get you pointed in the correct direction. I am of little help on webbers as my TR3 has SU carbs.

David