• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Car ID?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Merry Christmas all.

I found a large colorized photo of my new (1730) house, taken I think back in the 1960s. Here's part of the photo.

Low res:

House lo-res.jpg

High res:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gTUT5n7f8gjpQfLC2q3-NgbubRFtkoeS/view?usp=sharing

Can anyone identify the car (make, model, year) shown at the center of the photo? That would help me date the photo.

Thanks.
Tom M.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Almost certain it is a Chrysler product I am going with a 1984 5th Avenue

so without a time machine it is the 80's (regardless that is not a 60's car)

RS-FifthAve4-685x514.jpg

I had thought possibly a Ford product (Thunderbird) but I don't think they made a 4 door

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks JP - I was thinking Chrysler also, but take a close look at the rear door. Behind the door window is a smaller glass window - doesn't look like the 80s [edit] Chryslers.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Thanks JP - I was thinking Chrysler also, but take a close look at the rear door. Behind the door window is a smaller glass window - doesn't look like the 80s [edit] Chryslers.

well spotted - 77-81 LeBaron

Chrysler_LeBaron_sedan_--_04-30-2010.jpg

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
well spotted - 77-81 LeBaron

By George, I think you've got it!

:encouragement:

Rick - my ancient eyes see a difference in the LeBaron and the Regal in the rear end, and those rear windows. Note the rear lights, and the vertical vs. slanted rear quarter windows.

Basil

Administrator
Boss

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I go with 1970 Dodge Diplomat

The more I look, the more yes, Diplomat but I think 1980 not 1970 - the taillights work (and they didn't start making them till 1977 :smile: )

dodge-rear-1-630x390.jpg

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
hmmm - but the rear deck (trunk lid) is shorter on the car in my original photo. And note, the almost rectangular rear window in that same photo.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
You fellas certainly are exhibiting admirable fortitude viewing these staid old rides. Bravo! Have a fine Christmas, best wishes from the coast and, yes J.P., I am still keeping an eye peeled for the orig dealers chrome license plate frame for your Midget! Carry on.:cheers:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
You fellas certainly are exhibiting admirable fortitude viewing these staid old rides. Bravo! Have a fine Christmas, best wishes from the coast and, yes J.P., I am still keeping an eye peeled for the orig dealers chrome license plate frame for your Midget! Carry on.:cheers:

Nice way to say we need lives :grin:

The real issue is not actually the car but the date of the photo and I think we can say with some certainty that it is about 1980.

Last edited:
OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Take a look at the rear quarter panel and window in my first photo. Compare to the same area in other cars suggested. I'm still thinking Chrysler LeBaron ...

Tom M.