• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member from Jersey, CI

Tinney

Freshman Member
Country flag
Good morning folks,

Well, I have just joined and hope that I can contribute in the future, based in Jersey, Channel Islands. Currently I am re-building my Healey 3000 bn7, originally a CKD car to South Africa. Well on the road to completion but have an overdrive problem. Was working fine but then just packed up. All this after having the OD unit re-furbished.

Attachments

• IMG-20200924-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20200924-WA0006.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 43

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Tinney - welcome to BCF.

I think you're the first CI person to join us. Jersey had quite an "interesting" (and challenging) time during WW2.

Here's our AH forum when you're ready to ask specific questions. Always frustrating when you get a rebuild back, and it still needs some "rebuilding".

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?14-Austin-Healey

Tom M.

OP
T

Tinney

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Tom,
Thanks for the welcome. Yes indeed Jersey did suffer during the occupation 75 years ago. Hopefully my BigHealey will be on the road for the Coupe des Alpes next June.

Paul

Arkansas MG

Freshman Member
Country flag
Well Hello.. I too am new to this site. But I am from the other end of the planet... south Arkansas near the Louisiana border. Posted a problem with my 52 MGTD and immediately got responses. I have been pleased with the help. Sorry I can not help with your issue. The two Austin Healeys I owned were both bug eye sprites... much less sophisticated. All the best... Arkansas MG

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 30

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Tinny if the rest of your Healey looks as good as that hood (sorry, bonnet) - yowsa!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Tinny, welcome! we were in Guernsey last year and really regret being so close and not going to Jersey as well. Absolutely gorgeous part of the world and, assuming Jersey is similar a lot of classic cars in regular use.