• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sound familiar?

maynard

Obi Wan
Silver
Country flag
cid_0e5acaff-0a6d-b2b2-40b8-4772cfc5c579-yahoo-jpg.1728289

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Mine has red drawer-fronts that I put labels on, but I still open the wrong one a lot. :wink-new:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Heeheee... I moved my main toopbox (large Snap-On refrigerator sized thing) with the "help" of friends. Removed the drawers to load it into the trailer and they helped re-inserted them after it was home. Trouble is, the drawers weren't all put back into their original order. For about six weeks I'd go for the screw-stick drawer and be looking at a drawer full of micrometers, or go for a pair of pliers and find instead a drawer with pop rivet guns, paperwork and threaded nut-zerts.... took the time to rearrange all to original positions out of frustration. Hard to break decades of habit!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Mine has red drawer-fronts that I put labels on, but I still open the wrong one a lot. :wink-new:

I put lables on magneting strips so I can easily move the lables if I want to rearrange things. (Even with the lables I sometimes open the wrong drawer)

toolbox.jpg

Last edited:

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I went through a phase where I was buying a ton of toolboxes on craigslist. .. even bought a couple while I was down in Florida... Drentropy can verify, I filled that government truck up😁... Now acquiring all the tools to fill them all up. Itll take 40 years probably. I use a label maker to mark all the drawers I have stuff in. Can toss them on magnetic strips as well. Works good, and the label makers are cheap. I still search through multiple drawers when it comes to specialty sockets, but its usually good on the first pull of the handle. Next thing is to try and 1up drentropys small toolbox makeover. Too many irons in the fire at the moment though.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I put lables on magneting strips so I can easily more the lables if I want to rearrange things. (Even with the lables I sometimes open the wrong drawer)

This is genius boss! just move the labels to accommodate my messiness/cluelessness - brilliant! :cheers:

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
With top and bottom boxes and drawers 18 in all screw drivers air tools body tools hammers electric tools two drawers for Standard and Metric wrenches that I painted two colors to keep in line drill and taps drawer two socket drawers 3/8 and 1/2 drives. if more than three were open I think it would fall over and I would still open the wrong one. When I was working I had to supply two set of hand tools one for my helper and two or three of a kind of tool because if I dropped one it could fall 20 floors. and a complete set of car tool for my home box. now retired I Still have to dig through to find that 9/16 wrench after the right drawer. Madflyer

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
I've labeled them and labeled them. But, if not in the garage like I want to be, still get mixed up. Seems I am in a hurry and don't read the labels. With 5 big boxes not the easiest when not in touch every day.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Got the best present for my birthday last year. 20 different 10mm sockets. They have there own spot in one drawer. Funny how even if I still know the size of the socket I need, I'll still grab a 10mm, just to be safe.

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
My biggest peeve with the red Craftsman roll around pictured was having to clear off the stuff on the shelf where the chest meets the lower box in order to open the chest’s lowest drawer! This persistent and unavoidable trouble is due to the well known “law of attraction” regarding empty flat surfaces.:thirsty:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
:iagree:I identify with that one perfectly.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
My biggest peeve with the red Craftsman roll around pictured was having to clear off the stuff on the shelf where the chest meets the lower box in order to open the chest’s lowest drawer! This persistent and unavoidable trouble is due to the well known “law of attraction” regarding empty flat surfaces.:thirsty:

I second!!

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Always!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Solved that issue decades ago, got a bigger bx. The "empty flat space" is the top of the side box. Currently the home of a laser printer...

SnappyBox1.JPG