• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from New Brunswick Canada

Green

Freshman Member
Hello all
For me, British cars are a great source of enjoyment, pride and frustration at times. I am interested in seeing the types of projects others are involved with and seeing how others cope with the seemingly ever occurring challenges presented by Lucas, Stromburg, SU, and rust.
I have owned British sports cars on and off for 49 years. I have owned 1960 MGA, 1967 Triumph Spitfire, 1969 MGB, and 1974 Triumph TR6. My current three cars, are a 1976 TR6, a1970 MGB and a 1979 Spitfire.

My TR6 and MGB are on the road and my wife and I enjoy touring in one or the other. The TR6 has been completely restored by my self and the MGB is a survivor that I just keep up mechanically. The Spitfire is a work in progress as well as a source of income for various parts suppliers and courier companies. I am least familiar with the Spitfire but judging from the way things are going, I will be well versed by the time I have it on the road. Early fall of 2021 is my target.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
sounds like great projects! where abouts in NB are you?

OP
G

Green

Freshman Member
Hey John Peter, I live in the town of Quispamsis which is in the Southern part of the province.
I see you have some great project cars - very cool. I do have to admit that I had to look up the Multipla as I had no idea of what that would be. I like it! Is there any chance of getting it going?

Chris

OP
G

Green

Freshman Member
Basil,

Thank you for the welcome. You are correct, I do have the bug. I can attribute it to having a very understanding wife.

Chris

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Hey John Peter, I live in the town of Quispamsis which is in the Southern part of the province.
I see you have some great project cars - very cool. I do have to admit that I had to look up the Multipla as I had no idea of what that would be. I like it! Is there any chance of getting it going?

Chris

Looks like you are near St John. it as a beautiful part of the world. The plan is that the Multipla will run one day. At this point I need to finish the Vauxhall after that the Multipla. It is complete and for a Fiat somewhat rust free. Fortunately a super simple vehicle. Actually my list is incomplete as I have a basket case Austin 7 as well. The Multipla and the Austin are more likely retirement projects. Thanks for asking!

OP
G

Green

Freshman Member
John Peter, yes we live just out side of Saint John, where the temperatures are warmer and there is much less fog. We are located on a very nice body of water, the Kennebecasis River and think of this area as "Gods Country"

So you have another very interesting project car, an Austin 7. I have only seen pictures but they look like a worth while project. Looks like your retirement will be busy - a good thing I think.

Chris

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Chris

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your Spitfire project there.

David

OP
G

Green

Freshman Member
Thank you for the welcome David.
I am very new to this "forum thing" so I am just inching my way along. Perhaps you can advise me on this - if I want to post a pic of my car or a pic of a home made tool etc., where is that done???

Chris

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
No problem.

On the icon bar above the text you are posting go to the second to last icon. Left click it. This will bring up a box "Insert Image" I click "From Computer" Then "Chose file"

Chose your file from your computer. It is better if you reduce the size some.

When you have your file "Upload file"

You should be done.

David
Parked at the gas pump.jpg