• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Rocket Doctor

Freshman Member
Hello Folks, I'm the Rocket Doctor. I teach and administer the Rocket Design Program at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque. I drive a 1960 TR3. The car is primo mechanically and otherwise. Red. Have installed upgrades that make it a dependable daily driver. Toyota 5 Sp conversion with 0.78/1 overdrive. Taller gears in differential. Telescopic shock conversion on the rear. Spin on oil filter adapter. Alternator conversion (the one that looks like a generator). Rear sway bar. Front sway bar soon. Stiffer "competition" leaf springs. Also a motorcycle nut. Ride 6 motorcycles dating from 1939 to 2019. Generally drive the TR3 on school days and the motorcycles when it's warm enough. No more new cars for me. Making a stand against cars that disengage the driver. Will drive the TR3 till a bus runs over me.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome! - FINALLY,a REAL Rocket Scientist!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hello Folks, I'm the Rocket Doctor. I teach and administer the Rocket Design Program at the University of New Mexico, Albuquerque. I drive a 1960 TR3. The car is primo mechanically and otherwise. Red. Have installed upgrades that make it a dependable daily driver. Toyota 5 Sp conversion with 0.78/1 overdrive. Taller gears in differential. Telescopic shock conversion on the rear. Spin on oil filter adapter. Alternator conversion (the one that looks like a generator). Rear sway bar. Front sway bar soon. Stiffer "competition" leaf springs. Also a motorcycle nut. Ride 6 motorcycles dating from 1939 to 2019. Generally drive the TR3 on school days and the motorcycles when it's warm enough. No more new cars for me. Making a stand against cars that disengage the driver. Will drive the TR3 till a bus runs over me.

UNM - my alma mater! (BSEE 1982) Welcome to BCF!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Rocket Doctor

Welcome to the forum.

The TR2 made a great daily driver for a number of years for me in the UK back in the late 1960s but that was all I had at that time. Wish I still had that one as it was a very early TR2 but it needed major work even then. British weather and poor rust protection by Triumph did it in + a Morris Minor buried in the boot.

Post some photos of the TR3 and motorcycles.

David