• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ka-POW!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Today I was driving Kojak to the post office to pick up a package when some lovely person in a super muddy pickup truck blew past me on my left side. I saw it coming - a decent sized rock - straight at my face! There was nothing I could do but grimace. KA-POW!! It hit the windshield. I was sure that I would have a nice big crack or at least a nice big chip, but alas, when I inspected the glass after stopping, I could find nary hint of where the rock had hit. Is it possible that they have started installing stronger glass in these cars? I was truly amazed that I didn't have major damage.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Kojack? - Is that a '73 Buick like he drove?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
If it happened in Florida, it would be replaced for nothing per State law. Our Accord was.

Being Florida I presume your Accord was replaced with a Cadillac or Lincoln as per State Law? :jester:

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Basil Like you I got a new KIA and it is like gravel trucks are every where now looking for me. Now that winter is here sanded roads but they have cut back on that and gone to liquid for ice control. What is bad when the snow comes not only off trucks but cars also have a big chunk of ice fly off. some big rigs drop half a VW in front of you. Madflyer

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
I wish Kia made windshields for my car! I'm on my second (in eleven years, can't complain), but in both cases the first chip happened shortly after the car was new, and after the windshield was replaced. Slowly the crack grows... and eventually I decided to replace. Current crack is still pretty small. But growing.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Now that winter is here sanded roads but they have cut back on that and gone to liquid for ice control.

A few years ago I had a relatively expensive repair to the Kia Soul - turned out the liquid ice control had splashed in and gummed up the emergency brake, the stuff gets into all kinds of places. (BTW the expense was labour)

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
After any weather here I run mine through the drive through car wash best wash to get off any road stuff. Now we do not go out much with C 19 and we only get a small amount of weather in Reno area.

I think getting a new car makes one looking out all the more in driving, parking lots, just think it something will happen they cost so much now days. My TR 6 cost around $ 3,000.00 in 1973 it could sell for most of $ 20,000.00 today. Drivers, Cell phones, trucks, and the lot. With my last new car while on the freeway an pick-up lost his load in front of me, it went to the side and a big rig blew it apart I lucked out on that one.
Madflyer