• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Posting Videos

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Still can't figure it out. I installed a utube program for posting videos and it won't work on this computer. More than likely it's me as I'm not savvy on writing URLs etc, which the program I installed asks for. Never done this before so I'm a dummy in this department. I can drag and drop the video, but the program tells me it's not authorized! Do you have to have a paid utube account? I'm sure a dummy trying to do this! PJ

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Still can't figure it out. I installed a utube program for posting videos and it won't work on this computer. More than likely it's me as I'm not savvy on writing URLs etc, which the program I installed asks for. Never done this before so I'm a dummy in this department. I can drag and drop the video, but the program tells me it's not authorized! Do you have to have a paid utube account? I'm sure a dummy trying to do this! PJ

Paul, you don't need any special program for "posting" youtube videos. You do not upload the videos, all you need to do is this:

1. Go to YouTube and bring up the video you want to share.

2. >>
Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 8.09.10 AM.jpg

3. >>

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 8.09.35 AM.jpg

4. >>

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 8.10.10 AM.jpg

5. >>

Screen Shot 2020-12-05 at 8.10.47 AM.jpg

Now, when you save your post, the video should appear thus:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
The video is one I took and downloaded it to my computer. I can watch it on the computer but as the site asks for a URL, there is none and I can't drag and drop it. Confusing. Without a URL, how do I get it on the site? Photos are easy, can't get utube to except it. If my son was here he could do it in a flash, but he's 1300 miles away! :smile:

Facebook would except it, but I don't want it on Facebook. I'll check for other options. :rolleyes2:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Paul..... First upload your video to youtube. Once you have done that you can then follow Basil's step-by-step instructions.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
OK, I think I have it!!! We'll see!?? It's a test video just pouring a footing to see if this thing works. :rolleyes2:

HAHA it works!!! Not as dumb as I thought I was! Well, almost. :highly_amused:

Thanks fellas, much appreciated.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Paul - the link you posted takes us to the video. But you've made it a Private video, so no one but you can see it.

Tom M.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
:highly_amused: Ok Tom, Thanks for letting me know. I'll get it straightened out, at least I finally figured out how to post it with a lot of help! :encouragement:

Paul - the link you posted takes us to the video. But you've made it a Private video, so no one but you can see it.

Tom M.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
I think I fixed it! ?? :rolleyes2:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Couldn't have done it without you guys help. Thanks to everyone who chimed in! :encouragement:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
OK, I think I have it!!! We'll see!?? It's a test video just pouring a footing to see if this thing works. :rolleyes2:

HAHA it works!!! Not as dumb as I thought I was! Well, almost. :highly_amused:

Thanks fellas, much appreciated.

Paul - you copied the link from the Browser address bar. If you click on the Share link below the video and then click "copy" as I showed in my images above, the video will actually show in your post rather than just a link. Like this: