• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Holiday Breakfast

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
As we approach the upcoming holiday season, I look forward to Christmas breakfast and an old family recipe for Eggs Benedict.

My mother always prepared them in the hubcap from an old 1956 Oldsmobile.

I know, some of you are wondering, "What the heck??"

You just have to remember:

"There's no place like chrome for the hollandaise!"

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
OMG! :applause: Seen it done in a GMC hubcap. (Cleaned in dishwasher first)

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
The Model A Ford Club does rallyes and everybody puts a different side dish in foil on the manifolds. When they get to there desination the meal is revealed.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Did have the pleasure to meet the Eastern Tennessee Model A Club at Gunthersville,Ala. We just drove into the hotel on the lake and git the last room. Over 100 A's were at the hotel. Asked us to join for the cruise ariund the lake and lunch halfway around. Didn't think we had better considering our Land Rover. They wanted me to tow a rescue trailer. Did not mean to interfere on original post, but the meal thing. It is amazing how different car clubs do their events especially when 25% of these were originals.

Country flag
Group of us, now all retired except for me, have been doing a pre Christmas breakfast for the last 30 some years as a way to see each other face to face and catch up on lives. We all hated to do it but agreed to cancel this year. We're all getting old enough that missing a year might mean one less face next year. Sigh..

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Well, this thread sure took a different tack!