• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4/4A Midnight blue interior

bammons

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I am trying to look ahead a little bit and make decisions on my interior/top. I just received a sample of midnight blue Interior vinyl from TRF and also Blue Everflex top sample. The Midnight Blue looks like it has a "greenish" tint in it and I was wondering if anyone had this kit and could comment if it has this tint when on the car. It also does not seem to be a good match with the Blue Everflex top sample as I was hoping. Does anyone have both colors on their car and what does it look like? Other than John Skinner, TRF, VB and Moss is there anyone else that makes interior kits I should look at? Are TRF kits made by J Skinner? Are Prestige and Robbins the only source of good tops? My wife and I would like a dark blue interior with a close top color on a cream/off white body. Thanks Bruce

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
I do know that the top material is much more limited than the interior vinyl as far as color selection. If you prefer them to match, the top color will be the driving factor. In other words, you will always be able to match an interior to the top, but not necessarily the other way around.

OP
B

bammons

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
John - The "blue" Everflex sample top material is almost black looking in the small sample so based on that is not what I want either. And the two blues together don't look good. I guess I expected the two blues TRF offers one interior blue and one top blue to be dark blue and match close enough. Looked at samples inside and outside. I wonder if it isn't the small sample size. The wife says dark blue So........... Marv - the Newton website says they make interiors for GT6 and Spitfire but no TR4.

charleyf

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I have a powder blue TR4 and use the TRF supplied midnight blue interior. I don't see any green in the interior midnight blue. I can send pics if you are interested. What is your car, TR4 or 4A? I have some new in the bag interior components for sale -- cheap.

OP
B

bammons

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Charley - Please send pictures of the interior. I was hoping somebody had this and could comment and/or send pictures. What top color did you use? I felt like midnight blue would not be anything except blue but only have the small sample to go on. It's proper color must not be coming thru. The sample blue in the TRF catalog looks more like a regular blue than the sample. Just got a sale announcement that seat/interior/tops would be on sale soon. Please send pictures. Marv - I will look again but it clearly did not show TR4's. Bruce