• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4/4A LR576 foglights

Twit

Country flag
I'm rebuilding a 1961 TR4. Its basically a rebuilt body, motor and transmission with boxes and boxes of NOS parts.

I dug out a pair of SL576 amber fog lights. one is NOS and one is lightly used. I haven't decided whether to install them or stow them for future consideration but my question is how do these attach?

Mine have just the threaded pipe out the back. Is some part missing that I may still find in the boxes or are they flush mount on the grill?

thanks Dave

Rod-H

Bronze
Country flag
Because of the depth of the Lucas 576 light, there is not an easy way to mount them without interfering with the bonnet. Most people use a light mounting bar that put the lights ahead of the bumper. I purchased my fog light bar from Revington TR in the UK.

The amber 576 fog lights are becoming pretty scarce. They are commanding some pretty good prices on the market.

Rod

Fog Lights.jpg

OP
Twit

Twit

Country flag
Just new to the forum so learning the ropes. Had to reduce resolution on photos to upload. But here's the fog lights, covers and yellow covers for regular lights also.

lamps2 low res.jpglamps1 low res.jpg

Rod-H

Bronze
Country flag
They appear to be the type like Jag Mk IIs had on them that go through the body to mount. I don't know how to go about putting them on a TR4. Maybe a mount like the one in my picture and a 90 degree angle bracket.

Rod

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
Just new to the forum so learning the ropes. Had to reduce resolution on photos to upload. But here's the fog lights, covers and yellow covers for regular lights also.

View attachment 66330View attachment 66331

FYI: Those are actually amber DRIVING LAMPS; fog lamps would have the "fluted" lenses. ISTR being told that amber driving lamps were common in Canada? But yes, those particular versions are quite rare these days!

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Europe is allowed yellow headlamps. I had checked my state's headlight rule, no red or blue, but did not have anything on yellow, except no yellow tailights. Even had to change the yellow backup light on the Mark 1 to white.