• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

howdy from Vermont

markos

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
1965 TR4 IRS
in S.E. Vermont

Howdy to the forum and all members. I have been lurking for weeks, Im done lurking.

I added a TR4 to the car barn a few months back and I just started the refurb/ rebuild endurance process. With many dire warnings about how Im digging a pit to throw $$ into, Ive learned to not pay attention to those folks. I will just dig a deeper pit !

Well I Did cut my teeth on a 1966 MGB (in the late 1970s) now I suspect I will replace every Lucas part on this Triumph as I remember doing for the MGB !

no doubt I will need endless advice from the forum, and I thank you all in
advance for all your assistance as I get things torn apart.

One question already:
is there any aftermarket wiring harness designed for TR2-3-4s that might save me pain and suffering ?

the dash and gauge assembly is a nightmare, so if im going to pull it all apart, I might as well do a complete rewire.
I searched 4-5 key parts sources, none have any info for wiring harness or any major wiring systems.

thanks
Markos

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Glad you're done lurking! You will findwe have a very active and friendly Triumph section so be sure to pop in there and say hello also!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Markos and welcome to the British Car Forum. You will find plenty of help by posting any questions in the Triumph section of the forum.
You might contact Advance Auto Wire for help with your harness.
http://www.advanceautowire.com/