• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

hello from Minnesota, USA

wjcstp

Freshman Member
Country flag
Searching info for my upcoming engine rebuild led me here often enough I decided better to just sign up. I'm also a member of our local Minnesota Triumphs Club, where I built a new website for the club in the spring, something to keep busy with our relative lack of driving events this year.

I own a '69 TR6 that I've had for about 5 years, on the road every summer for the past 4. It has been a rolling restoration project, with the suspension and original seats rebuilt, dashboard refinished, and many smaller fixes along the way. Now I'm stripping down the engine for a full rebuild to fix damage from a dropped thrust washer (before my time with the car) and because the engine is generally getting tired, burning oil, etc.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello Bill

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice for your Rolling restoration project.

David

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome Question was the Thrust replaced and pinned. Will you do a complete head rebuild valves, seats, guides, and springs. and new head bolts. I would add a oil line to top of head also. ( Rule of thumb never use head bolts more than twice ) Your cyl should be 0.20 over so plenty of room. The 1969 TR 6 had a little less HP so you can also take a little off the head for more HP

The British Leyland TR Competition Preparation Manual Will give you some information to look into. It is a bit pricey little book at Amazon but good info. As for parts TRF and British Parts Northwest before any Moss Motors. Follow the Threads on this section. Madflyer