• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New digs

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Many BCF'rs know I've been struggling (enduring, seething, yelling, bashing head into wall, etc.) with the decline in our neighborhood over the last dozen years. Diesel pickups screeching tires, huge bonfires, ATVs at all hours, garbage in the neighbors' yard, drag races in the public highway, endless streams of motorcycle clubs ignoring the traffic lights (and running my 1953 MG off the road). Fun for some, but not for me.

Over the last year I've been looking for a quieter location, nearer to where I volunteer.

After many "hit or miss" house searches, I finally located, and bought, an 18th century farm. Twenty acres of undisturbed growth since 1900, fruit trees, walking paths, and an old house. The old house needs some repairs. So do I.

I had to sell my current house, but hope I'm heading for "greener pastures" when I move in a week or two. Some views:

House (built around 1750, enlarged in 1963) -

House.jpg

Workshop -

Workshop.jpg

Front yard -

Front yard.jpg

Twenty acres of this -

One of many trails.jpg

For the next few weeks I'll be living in "interesting times".

I won't be able to afford food for a few years, but I'm now breathing a bit easier!
Tom M.

Last edited:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
What a great find! I know you're chuffed!

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Congrats Tom. It must be a good feeling to move AWAY from what you described. Best of luck in your new home. By the way, the pic links didn’t work for me.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
VERY nice, Tom! Glad you can escape the chaos.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Good luck on your move Tom! Looks like a peaceful area. :encouragement:

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'd love to live in a house built before the armed force's were a thing and there was only ****** off colonists, dreaming of an America free from british rule... and all this on a british car forum

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Nice! Congratulations!! Now pray the local dirt bike club doesn’t build their track next door :devilgrin:

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Looks great! When you get moved in, you’ll have to share photos of the things that need fixing so we won’t be so jealous.

John Turney

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Looks great! When you get moved in, you’ll have to share photos of the things that need fixing so we won’t be so jealous.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
I don't know what you paid but it looks like a lot of property for the money. Likely good birding in those woods. Send me an email with your location. Use it in good health.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
glad it has worked out! looks gorgeous and quiet!

of course the relevant question has to do with guest rooms? :smile:

Is there a garage?

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Congratulations Tom, quite an endeavor at our age. Will he moving too, tired of the same problems of rude neighbors. Moving farther but not any 900 miles. Hope it works out.

OP
NutmegCT

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
... quite an endeavor at our age....

Ain't that the truth! Seeing 30 years of your life and work go down the tubes isn't fun; hopefully my sanity and patience will slowly recover at the new place.

Belongings now in cardboard cartons, trying to balance "moving out" with "moving in" is challenging, when you can't get answers from owners and the moving company!

This too shall pass. (that line always reminds me of kidney stones)

Onward through the fog!
Thanks for all the good wishes gentlemen.
Tom M.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Congratulations Tom. Looks like a beautiful piece of property.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Looks like a great location. You can't beat a big back yard. 20 acres is a good size buffer between you and the world.

Bet you found lots of things you had been missing for years as you packed everything in boxes.

David