• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Strange e mail

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I got a strange e mail letting me know that my auto Subscription had renewed. I have no idea what it is for.

The company name is Artemis and it is for Protection 360. I suspect a scam.

Anyone know this company?

David

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I got a strange e mail letting me know that my auto Subscription had renewed. I have no idea what it is for.

The company name is Artemis and it is for Protection 360. I suspect a scam.

Anyone know this company?

David

Do NOT reply.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
There are no links in the e mail. Just 2 phone numbers.

I checked my Credit card account and PayPal account for activity. The charge is not on either.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We get an average of 80+ emails a day, three of which may be relevant. The rest get deleted. A real PITA.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I keep getting notices that my credit card card was declined on my Amazon Prime account. Just click β€œHere” to update my info. Guess what? I don’t have a Prime account. Sure wish I could reply with a flatulence attachment :devilgrin:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Google Chrome sorts emails and few if any scams get into the primary list. Some end up in spam, others in promotions or Social. I just trash them all.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Google Chrome sorts emails and few if any scams get into the primary list. Some end up in spam, others in promotions or Social. I just trash them all.

I am very impressed with Google. I have two Yahoo accounts - one for newsletters online purchases etc and the other for spam - company ads etc. I am amazed how bad they both are at sorting spam and even more so that one account is still much better at it than the other.

Oh and in Canada we have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) rather than Social Security number - yesterday I got a call that my SIN number was being suspended which I think is even more impressive than a mere credit card number. :cheers:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I am very impressed with Google. I have two Yahoo accounts - one for newsletters online purchases etc and the other for spam - company ads etc. I am amazed how bad they both are at sorting spam and even more so that one account is still much better at it than the other.

Oh and in Canada we have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) rather than Social Security number - yesterday I got a call that my SIN number was being suspended which I think is even more impressive than a mere credit card number. :cheers:

I've finally started collecting SS earlier this year. Question: Are you living in SIN? :angel2:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I keep getting email ads offering to supply me with a Ukranian wife.

I've already got one. Why would I want another?!?

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
"Why would I want another?!?"

Brand loyalty?

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
I know that company, Protection 360. It is the prophylactic of the month club. Too bad you need to subscribe, sadder still, only having one subscription.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Or maybe the daily work like mowing, painting and serving your every need is falling behind...

So far, this one's kept up pretty well. She did contract a bad case of poison ivy a few weeks ago from clearing the back forty, though. Didn't heed my warning.