• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Denmark

SEB1972

Freshman Member
I am a rookie DIY mechanic and bought my first classic mini last summer.
It’s a restored 998 model year 1978 and the plan was originally to mostly drive it and do the basic maintenance. However I soon learned that looking below the hood is a good thing. First challenge was to figure out to pop open the hood and once open to figure out where the rusty water came from. But since overcoming my initial doubt “can I fix this?”, I never looked back. So far I have fixed numerous parts e.g. replaced heater valve, by-pass hose, flushed cooling system, refurbished brakes in the front, new master cylinder, new clutch fluid, choke and throttle cable, adjusted valve clearance, ignition points, replaced steering rack boots and lately restored the HS4 carb. Absolutely still on a learning curve, no expert, so am hoping this place is the place to share experience and tips & tricks when doing repairs.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello SEB1972

Welcome to the forum.

There is a Mini sectin that should be a great source of information for your Mini journey.

Post some photos of your Mini

The Pub is an area of the forum that almost anything comes up for discussion.

David