• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from California

EugeneV

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello everyone! I now own my Dad's 1960 Triumph TR3. He owned the car for 50 years, buying it used from a friend in the late sixties. I enjoyed driving the car in high school and some in college. Unfortunately the car sat for 20+ years after that before my Dad took it to a local shop to get it running again 3 years ago. The TR runs well, but still needs some love. Hoping to gain more knowledge on the these forums.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Gene - welcome to BCF. Lucky man to have a TR that belonged to your dad.

I wasn't quite so lucky, but am fortunate that my dad showed me basics of car maintenance and repair, back in the 1950s. When he taught me to drive, he had only two rules: When you back out the driveway, remember (1) half the people on the road are drunk, and (2) the other half are totally out of their mind. I've remembered that for over 60 years. It's still true.

Here's our Triumph forum when you're ready to ask questions and share experiences:

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?18-Triumph

And we always like to see car photos!
Tom M.

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello EugeneV

Welcome to the forum.

The Triumph sectin is very active so you should get plenty of tips and advice for your TR3 there.

Post some photos of your TR3.

David

OP
E

EugeneV

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks for the welcome. Here's a picture driving the TR over Hwy 9 on the way to Santa Cruz.
Triumph-Hwy9.jpg
The car is not the original light blue (I'm not sure what the official name of the color is). My Dad had it painted by a friend many years ago. Someday, I'd like to bring it back to the original color.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
OP
E

EugeneV

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thanks for the info Tom. I found this forum when trying to find where the engine number is to apply for the heritage certificate. I’m a bit bummed this morning. The museum replied that the “factory record has not survived” so I’m unable to get a certificate. Anyone know how common this is?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Thanks for the welcome. Here's a picture driving the TR over Hwy 9 on the way to Santa Cruz.
View attachment 66256
The car is not the original light blue (I'm not sure what the official name of the color is). My Dad had it painted by a friend many years ago. Someday, I'd like to bring it back to the original color.

That's a sweet loking TR! Thanks for posting! Welcome to our humble forum!