• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

November 23, 1957

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
63 years ago today two kids 18 and 20 drove from Olathe Kansas to Miami Oklahoma and got married. People said it would never last, they were too young! Fooled the heck out of them. Still happy, she's still a school girl at heart, quite a gal! :love_heart: Sure picked a winner! :encouragement:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Congrats Paul.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Congratulations Paul. Well done.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks fellas, I forgot to ad, when we got married, she couldn't boil water without burning it! :highly_amused: But it didn't take long for her to become a great cook and baker, for that she takes after her mother, a most gracious lady! :encouragement:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
:thumbsup: to the both of you! The 'mits and I are pikers, compared. Just now about to complete 38 years married, together for 42. You guys give inspiration.

Harold

Bronze
Country flag
This is really weird!----the day before on November 22--1957, my "soon to be wife" and I drove from Lawrence, KS (we were both students at
University of Kansas) to Miami OK to get married---If I remember right--no waiting period---fill out the paper work at the "town hall", and go next door
to see the local "official-in-charge of "quickie" marriages--give him 10 bucks or so--and go out to the local hamburger stand--we may have passed you on the street!

Well now it's time to go "shave"---I have to do that ever once in a while when my wife says I look like "Gabby Hayes" old western movie actor --google- folks!

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Paul, you've been married 1 month longer than I've been on the planet

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Harold said:
Well now it's time to go "shave"---I have to do that ever once in a while when my wife says I look like "Gabby Hayes" old western movie actor --google- folks!

No need to google Gabby Hayes, sir. Mebbe Edgar Buchanan though. :wink:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Congratulations Paul.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Congratulations to you all November 1 we did 50. Married with a TR 250 after 50 years 1973 TR 6. I sorry was this about our cars and our wife's Madflyer

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
That's really cool Harold! How ironic. It's exactly how it was with us, we were there all day, so we more than likely did pass one another. There were two gents behind the very large desk, they looked us over and one said, does he look old enough? The other guy said, I don't know but she does! We laughed about that many times. Remember walking out of the court house, going around the corner to the JPs office and were married. Sad, the building we were married in is now a parking lot.

This is really weird!----the day before on November 22--1957, my "soon to be wife" and I drove from Lawrence, KS (we were both students at
University of Kansas) to Miami OK to get married---If I remember right--no waiting period---fill out the paper work at the "town hall", and go next door
to see the local "official-in-charge of "quickie" marriages--give him 10 bucks or so--and go out to the local hamburger stand--we may have passed you on the street!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
No need to google Gabby Hayes, sir. Mebbe Edgar Buchanan though. :wink:

[/COLOR]

Or Gabby Johnson...

Congrats, Paul & Harold!

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss

Remarkable there would be two people on the forum with such similar stories. Congratulations to you both.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
We spent an exciting 55th today. Wow. It included a Covid test for Rhea in preparation for a cataract operation on Tuesday, a short ride to a restaurant overlooking a waterfall for lunch - it was closed permanently, but we did find a little Asian place where I had a spicy tuna roll and a salmon and avocado roll washed down with some miso soup and cold water. Ended up at the Greenwich Audubon sanctuary for a short walk through the fields where we saw nothing and then home. Tomorrow I get to watch the two worst teams in football, the Jets and Giants. Whoopee.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Jeez Paul - you folks down in Fairfield Cty have all the luck. Adventure, excitement, the merry circus never ends!

OK - back to watching the paint dry.

(Congrats on the 55th.)
Tom M.