• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Soon to be TR3 for me!

abone2010

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello from Richmond B.C.
My first car was a '64 Midget bought in '72 when I was 16, but what I really wanted was a TR3 which, to me at that time, was unaffordable. I think they were around $2000 Cdn for a really good one. Hard to believe. A friend of mine's older brother had one in primrose yellow and I can remember sitting in it looking at that dash and gauges like it was yesterday.
My girlfriend and I had a lot of fun with the MG though.
Now I am soon to turn 65, I decided to buy what I wanted all along!! So off I go in a week or so to check out a couple that have had body off restorations. Don't tell my wife ...the same girlfriend from so many years ago....they aren't $2000 anymore.
Cheers!

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Abone2010

Welcome to the forum.

I was a little older than you in 72 and did manage to get my TR2. It was a rust bucket but it ran and I could afford it as it was only 150.00 pounds at the time. Many years later I got hold of a failed restoration project and finished it. They are great fun cars. Good luck with your purchase.
Post photos f the TR3 when you get it.

David