• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Visitor at 1:15AM

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Trail cam on the back deck caught a visitor last night.

11210002.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
For whatever reason, Tiny Tim's "Tip-toe Through the Tulips" came into my head.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Be safe with your pets. These things will kill anything and eat it!

Good advice. We are 90 percent sure one of our yellow Tabbys became dinner for a Coyote when he got out of the house a few years back. Our cats are indoor only unless they escape. Our Husky (Luna) has had a few brief encouters but the Coyotes don't seem interested in messing with her:

Luna-Mary copy.jpg

Grantura_MKI

Darth Vader
Gold
Silver
Country flag
So pretty.
A word of advice from someone that has to deal with them...they will lure you dog to a pack and she will be gone.
We have sheep and a Llama here, so never a dull minute with them.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
So pretty.
A word of advice from someone that has to deal with them...they will lure you dog to a pack and she will be gone.
We have sheep and a Llama here, so never a dull minute with them.

Yeah, we often hear packs of them howling down in the vally behind our house. Our Luna stays in the house unless she's with us on a leash.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
There is a youtube video of Bobcats on a roof chasing a squirrel. I believe it is Oklahoma. Seems the coyotes depleted all the small animals and scronged until they were gone and the Bobcats moved in and took care of the coyotes.

Last edited:
OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
There is a youtube video of Bobcats on a roof chasing a squirrel. I believe it is Oklahoma. Seems the coyotes depleted all the small animals and scronged lets until they were gone and the Bobcats moved in and took care of the coyotes.

We supposedly have Bobcats around here but I've never seen one outside of Wild Life West - a nature park about a mile from home.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
There’s a creek behind my house that always has ducks swimming around. I’ve seen red tail fox in my yard heading for dinner.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
We have seen a fox hiding under a low cedar tree in our back yard a couple of times. The next neighbor has seem it in his yard too. Probably hunting for squirels or rabbits.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We have seen a fox hiding under a low cedar tree in our back yard a couple of times. The next neighbor has seem it in his yard too. Probably hunting for squirels or rabbits.

I've never seen a Fox in our yard but not too long ago, as Mary and I were taking a drive in the countryside not far from home, a red fox ran across the road in front of us.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I live on a golf course East of Reno NV. we have them also none look like they have gone with out a meal. Then again I do not see many mice either. Safety first. Madflyer

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I live on a golf course East of Reno NV. we have them also none look like they have gone with out a meal. Then again I do not see many mice either. Safety first. Madflyer

By "them," do you mean coyote, foxes or mountain lions?

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
They've been around here a lot lately.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Here in suburban CT, there are now many coyotes - bigger than the ones out west ; red foxes. bobcats, mink, deer, occasional black bears and once, a mountain lion - killed on the Merritt Parkway. He came cross country through North Dakota and Michigan. People have claimed to see one but no photos ever show up. Sorta like Bigfoot.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Yeah. I remember hiking out west - I think Colorado or California, can't remember which - and there was a sign warning about mountain lions. I think some hikers had gotten attacked. I guess where mountain lions and bears are concerned, we're not the top of the food chain. They have some in Florida but the only time you see one is when it gets hit by a car at night.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Here is semi-rural Oklahoma, we see plenty of coyotes, boar, and rattlesnakes; less commonly you'll see a bobcat or even the very rare mountain lion, though in the case of the latter you usually just see sign.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Here is semi-rural Oklahoma, we see plenty of coyotes, boar, and rattlesnakes; less commonly you'll see a bobcat or even the very rare mountain lion, though in the case of the latter you usually just see sign.

We seen Coyotes often, also Mule Deer, lots of rattlesnakes, and lots of Hawks. I've seen bear tracks on my property but have never seen a bear around here. We supposedly have mountain lions around but I've never seen one near us. We have tons of Prairie Dogs and a few Badgers also.