• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Long time owner

Lancero

Freshman Member
Country flag
Howdy folks, I'm the proud owner of a 60 TR 3. I bought it in spring of 1969, my senior year of high school! My dad found it for me, 1st car. I lived then and now outside of Eugene, OR, not super roadster country. Early on I did some long road trips. In 70 and 72, myself and companion drove down to join my parents in Mazatlan Mexico for x-mas, from Eugene. A little cold getting out of Oregon, had sleeping bag draped over us. Also in 70 a couple friends and I drove it to Florida in the summer. In about 72 I bought a more sensible car, Peugeot 403, but kept the TR. We had a farm and I farmed for a career, so I didn't drive car much but always kept it running and drove it when I could.

Fast forward to 2000, when my nephew, a car geek, barrowed the TR for a year. He took it home to Vancouver WA. 1 year turned into 16, but he kept it up and put some upgrades on it. He had 4-5 collector cars so had no problem when I wanted to barrow it back. I was 64 at the time, retired for a few years and had a lot more disposable income than earlier. I've been doing projects on the car but never want to keep it off the road in driving season. I drive it almost daily in season, here I can drive from April thru Oct. with good ear muffs, etc. I live outside of town and have a network of back roads to drive. It's a driver and I have no intentions of showing or major restoration. But I do like making it better. Probably has 100,000 miles. Anyhow I heard about the nice interior posting a member did and that's how I ended up here. Got some crazy old pictures to share at some point. Lance

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Lance

Welcome to the forum.

That is a great story of the car's history.. I got my first TR2 about the same time but sadly the UK weather and PO had so much damage to it that it did not service a rear end collision. Also living in the UK at the time and just starting out I had no storage options.

There have been several interior postings one very detailed guide to the interior by CJD. I used it as my guide when I worked on my interior.

Post some photos of your TR3A and your travels with it.

David