• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello

JWP

Freshman Member
Country flag
I'm new at this posting stuff. I prefer to read other people's comments. However, since I just joined this forum I thought I'd into. myself. I'm 68 years old and recently aquired a 1979 MGB. I replaced the "rubber" bumpers with the "traditional" look of Chrome bumpers. In the early 1970's I owned a 1969 MGC and sold it in 1976 (silly me)! ANyway I've always missed my MG so I finally bought this '79 MGB. Thanks

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
JW - welcome to BCF. There's a lot of good info here for sure. And you're certainly welcome to contribute what you've learned, and ask any questions that might occur.

Say, back when I had a late MGB, I often wondered about doing the chrome bumper swap. But there were many methods of doing that, some quick, some not so quick.

How did you do your conversion? Any photos of your '79 now?.

Back in high school I had a '55 Jaguar. Sold it when I left college in 1970. Sure wish I still had it now!
Tom M.