• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi from Princeton, NJ

Pete22

Freshman Member
I am an American that grew up in South London. I have wanted a TR6 since Triumph first launched it. Unfortunately, there were beyond my budget. Then they became "classics" and I didn't have the time or $$ to restore one. Well, I finally have both the time and money, so I jumped in and bought a 1970 TR6 that is in fairly decent shape.

I am learning a lot, but still have many questions, so please be patient.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome to the TR world 1970 good years the TR 250 and TR 5 took care of a lot of fixes. As you chase down parts ask here first many can be from UK over China. There a number of up grades and mods that you might look into. Cooling fans, heated seats, carb changes, wheels and tires, Remember you have a 50 year old car and times have changed. The Robert Bentley , Complete Official Triumph book is a good start.

The questions that will be asked of you may go like this. has the car been running or parked for a time. How old are the tires. Has the car always been in N.J. can you send pic of the car and add pic to questions you may have. You will fine the TR's have the largest number of Threads on most days and members have been here a long time also. You will find there is a TR owner near you and a British car club is a good group of LBC owners. I have had my 1973 TR 6 for going on 27 years so ask away. Madflyer

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Happy to have you aboard! Be sure to jump in at our Triumph forum here!

Last edited:

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Pete

Welcome to the forum.

You will find the Triumph section is very active so you are sure to get plenty of tips and advice there for your TR6 project.

David