• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

No More Micky Ds for me!!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Had to take little Muffin to the vets for her eye checkup early this morning, we had no breakfast to get her to Tulsa on time, plus an hour there before we came back home. Muffins fine thank goodness! My wife was hungry and suggested stopping at McDonald's to get something, too late for a breakfast sandwich, so we ordered a couple cheese burgers and fries. It was the worst cheeseburger I've ever had! Meat was a little thicker than 1/8th inch, one small pickle and the cheese looked like last months! My wife got sick to her stomach after getting home, but is fine now. What a disgusting meal, never again! :sorry: :censored: :soapbox: !

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
When I'd take my boy Merlyn to th' vet, I'd stop at a "Checkers" fast-food place after and get us both a cheeseburger. Never had a bad reaction. I think they are also called "Rally's" Their fries are the only ones I can eat without an adverse 'reaction'. He loved the meat. Almost made saddling up for a vet's visit easier, as I think he anticipated the reward after it.

I can't eat McD's or BK's food without nasty consequences.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Had to take little Muffin to the vets for her eye checkup early this morning, we had no breakfast to get her to Tulsa on time, plus an hour there before we came back home. Muffins fine thank goodness! My wife was hungry and suggested stopping at McDonald's to get something, too late for a breakfast sandwich, so we ordered a couple cheese burgers and fries. It was the worst cheeseburger I've ever had! Meat was a little thicker than 1/8th inch, one small pickle and the cheese looked like last months! My wife got sick to her stomach after getting home, but is fine now. What a disgusting meal, never again! :sorry: :censored: :soapbox: !

Your story reminded me of this scene from "Falling Down."

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
A little over the top, but I also loved that movie! He certainly got his point across! :highly_amused:

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Crossing Florida, we stopped at a Burger King. Ordered a chicken sandwich. It was like rubber. Strange consistency. I try to avoid chains in favor of local places. Sometimes you have no choice. Cracker Barrels are ok.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Crossing Florida, we stopped at a Burger King. Ordered a chicken sandwich. It was like rubber. Strange consistency. I try to avoid chains in favor of local places. Sometimes you have no choice. Cracker Barrels are ok.

Cracker Barrel! Country (salty) ham, hash browns, eggs scrambled, buttermilk biscuits and gravy, fried apples, grits - great breakfast!

Country-Boy-Breakfast_780x390.jpg

(Their pancakes are good too!)

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
Can't go near McDs, cholesterol jumps for 6 months. Do stop occasionally for small fries and a DP when on road trip. Main place while travelling is Cracker Barrel or known steak place.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Soybean oil. Any place that uses Stratas Frymax is on my "Do Not Eat Fried" list. It's a LONG list.

But oddly, I can eat Kikkoman soy sauce with no reaction.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
We like Cracker Barrel, closest Cracker Barrel to us is 65 miles away! A slight distance to run for breakfast. The wife has to look at everything in the gift shop before leaving, of course I'm thrilled with that! :rolleyes2:

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We like Cracker Barrel, closest Cracker Barrel to us is 65 miles away! A slight distance to run for breakfast. The wife has to look at everything in the gift shop before leaving, of course I'm thrilled with that! :rolleyes2:

Hence breakfast ends up costing $127.95 :congratulatory:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Hence breakfast ends up costing $127.95 :congratulatory:

Yes, breakfast can get quite expensive, especially around the holidays! :greedy_dollars:

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sounds like a pretty typical McDs story.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Subway is our roadside meal place. Almost always an OK meal and you can watch the final stages of the preparation.

David

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
There are soooo many places to get a great burger. A totally different experience than Mick's is Humble Potato. A Japanese inspired joint. Here is their "Battle Royal"
C0iocTiUsAAKI3m.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Now I'm droolin' onna keys!!!

EDIT: And just discovered the loaf of Italian bread here went moldy. I was anticipatin' ham & eggs with toast fer breakfast. RATS!!!