• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Bond, James Bond

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Just saw this - a good run and defined 'cool' for more than a generation.

LarryK

Yoda
Country flag
:grumpy:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Oh jeez - what a loss. Have to agree - he was *the* James Bond, as I started into 007 movies back in the '60s.

But aside from 007 ... remember this?

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"The James Bond", of course but he had many great roles. Was it Malone, the old Irish cop in The Untouchables? "Just like a Wop. Bring a knife to a gunfight." Classic role. RIP Sir Sean.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I am enjoying a vodka martini, shaken, not stirred right now in his memory.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Who was the worst?

My Picks from best to worst:

1. Sean Connery
2. Roger Moore
3. Pierce Brosnan
4. Daniel Craig (I might put Craig ahead of Brosnan - it's a tossup)
5. Timothy Dalton
6. George Lazenby

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I agree about Lazenby. He was in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. About the only thing of interest was the filming on the Schilthorn (Switzerland)... and, boy, does that location milk all that (with Bond this and that).

While I like Craig, he's humorless. Humor (or an element of not taking things TOO seriously) is what made the top 3 the best.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Gotta disagree... Daniel Craig should be above Brosnan. He has brought the character back and kept James Bond relevant for a new generation of 007 fans. Made it more about the work and less about the women.

bobhustead

Gold
Country flag
Only 2 good Bonds in my estimation, Connery and Craig. Connery played a gentleman trained to be a thug; Craig a thug trained to be a gentleman.
Bob

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Only 2 good Bonds in my estimation, Connery and Craig. Connery played a gentleman trained to be a thug; Craig a thug trained to be a gentleman.
Bob

Good description. I like it. :eek: