• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Not a nice day as far as weather goes

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
35 degrees with lots of rain, a little further West lower temps and freezing rain. Tree limbs down wires down and folks with no power makes it even more severe for them. Naturally some folks don't know how to slow down, especially on icy roads when driving causing accidents here and there. Some people just never learn. :stupid:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
This is my backyard today. I was looking out the back window when it fell. Missed the roof by about 5 feet. Over 40 feet long and about 15 inch diameter where it broke in neighbor's yard but of course fell in mine.

Attachments

• Brokentree.jpg
    Brokentree.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 49

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Yikes! I heard there were winter conditions "out there" and thought about how nasty it is when folks think they can drive as they do in clear, warm times.

Keep safe, friends!

Bob McElwee

Jedi Warrior
Gold
Country flag
Daughter, granddaughter and gg kids are in GDau RV on their way here from San Diego. They were going to try to get to Albuquerque last night. They made it to Grants, NM KOA and stopped for the night. They have decided to stay there today due to the road conditions in NM on I-40. We are happy they are going to be a day or two late.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We had pretty good dump last night and into this morning. Probably abut 4-5 inches.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yup, it's been a day. Power has been flickering on and off, trees are down all over. It'll be a few days of clean up once this thaws out tomorrow.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
And I thought New England weather was bad. Its been cloudy here mostly, but still pretty warm - about 58-63 days. Friday may be colder though.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
88°F, sunny and calm....

My cup runneth over. :cool-new:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
so far so good here. a bit of rain but all in all

humpty.jpg

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Rainy day for a change. No golf. Supposed to rain for the next two days. We could use it. Our reservoirs are w-a-a-y down and no watering of lawns. My lawn is 80% weeds anyway, and as for crabgrass - it comes out and stays green in the heat of August. For some reason, I have no dandelions. Maybe the soil is too poor.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Then woke up yesterday to find this. The rest of it is in the street.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 42
OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Still raining here, hopefully the last day. I surly wish California and the North West states would be getting some this rain!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Sunny and in the 60s today. It's hard to believe we had an ice storm just a few days ago except for all the branches and trees that are down.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
148,000 still without power in Oklahoma! The damage from the recent storm was devastating! The crews cleaning up the mess are working as hard as they can, (around the clock), to get things back to normal, I commend them. We fared well in the Eastern part of the state, West of Tulsa, not so good.

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Got a quick estimate yesterday for removing that pecan in the back yard. Between $1 and $2 thousand. That would sure buy a lot of Sprite parts.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
...Or a couple good chain-saws.