• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello from Spain

Don Riicardo

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi to all,
I am Don Riicardo, I have been living in Alicante Province Spain for about 18 years, I have just heard about BCF, so here I am. At present i have just started a restoration of something different a 1974 Reliant Scimitar GTE se5a, before leaving the UK I have had several different vehicles starting with a 1952 MG YB which I unfortunately wrote off one dark and dirty night when the lights failed. From there I progressed to a 1958 MG ZB, followed by a 1962 997 Mini Cooper which was great fun. Then things went manic with purchasing damaged or MoT failures which I brought back to life where possible. I then decided to try something different and that's how I started the Scimitar.
That's me very briefly.
Don Riicardo

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome! and unusual car on this forum which makes it even more special. Glad to have you with us.

OP
Don Riicardo

Don Riicardo

Freshman Member
Country flag
Been trying to upload some photo's as I have been asked, but with no success even a single one won't load it keeps telling me that the file is to big. Has anyone got any ideas?

Don

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hola Don! Easiest way to post photos is to put them on a public site like Flickr. Then just post the link to the photo in your BCF post.

Or use something like Windows Paint to reduce the file size, and upload them directly to BCF.

And I don't even know what a Scimitar is!

Tom M.
PS - if you're a Mac guy:
In the Preview app on your Mac, open the file you want to change. Choose Tools > Adjust Size, then select “Resample image.” Enter a smaller value in the Resolution field. The new size is shown at the bottom.

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I want to drive the Reliant! I would even come to Spain to do it. We loved our vacation in Spain. Great History and views.

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome I have the same problem with pic. I did it one time but do not know how I did it and can not do it again. Go to FAQ ask there. Madflyer

DavidApp

Yoda
Country flag
Hello Don

Welcome to the forum.

A friend had a Reliant Scimitar. Seem to remember it was a cool looking with a glass fiber body and some go not like the Robbin.

I use a free program to reduce the size of my photos. The program is IrfanView. Easy Very to use.

David

OP
Don Riicardo

Don Riicardo

Freshman Member
Country flag
img078.jpg This is a Reliant Scimitar GTE se5a, 1972 to 1975 It has a 3 litre Ford Essex V6 engine available with a manual 4 speed box with or without overdrive or a 4 speed automatic box. It is a fibreglass bodied car mounted on a steel girder chassis. Marketed as the fastest production estate car of the time with a top speed of 100 mph+.
This is what I hope mine will end up like but in Highland Purple, which is similar to Nissan LP2 paint code.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
looks like a great project

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It reminds me of the Sonnet as hood looks small to fit motor. The Sonnet had to remove front of body to remove motor. Madflyer

OP
Don Riicardo

Don Riicardo

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi David,
Almost all parts are available from the UK, new parts / re manufactured parts are available from 2 main sources, also there is a fairly good supply of used part using E-bay, items like front suspension are Triumph TR5/6; Engine and gearbox are Ford Essex V6 The body is all fibreglass and being so old you find it has a few stress cracks and crazing so you need to brush up on fibreglass repairs and gel coating.

Don Riicardo